Suggest me best portable speaker for

d6bmg

Hello all.

So I have moved to Germany and now want to buy a portable speaker mainly for listening to misic from my Lenovo Y50 laptop as well as my mobile phone.

My budget is <

You also have the Cambridge Soundworks Ooze XL (or another one in the Ooze range) as well ae Logitech z515 and Beats speakers. Note that those can be boomy and don't have defined Hi-frequencies.

There is also some Sony ones, if you can get a demo of them it would help you to choose or dismiss one or the other. Bose might be tolerable for this application, but I wouldn't recommend it for home speakers,

Klipsch or Cambridge Soundworks would be in the higher end. I got JBL pro monitors but they aren't in the same range, neither type or price.

@stefen: Cambridge Soundworks Ooze XL. Hmm. Never heard of it (maybe because this is the first time I am looking at portable speaker section).
By the way I have googled it. I wonder whether they are availible in EU or not.

Still thanks for the heads up and I will search for it in local supermarkets here in Germany. All I saw here is JBL, Bose and a local brand named OK.

Maybe any german guy here in this forum can shade more light about that.. :D

@IVI: I am looking for the speakers which I can take with me inside cabin bag :P

So no 2.1 or any bullky speaker system, but totally portable.

Ah gotcha, because I just bought some Creative T3150Ws to replace my Logitech Z5500s (don't worry, the Z5500s are being upgraded to home theater duty) and the Creatives sound remarkable for just under $50US and I believe they're Bluetooth capable too.

Good luck in your search, that kind of speaker is unfortunately one such area I know little to nothing about but if I happen to come across anything I'll report back!

Did some more research today and as it seems reviews of Cambridge Soundworks Ooze XL are simply great. Availibility might be an issue in EU but can not find more suitable (i.e. ultra portable) good speakers. :(

Two things:

I thought that Cambridge Soundworks and Cambridge audio were related, and that the Soundworks was a more affordable with good quality/price ratio. Not at all. Here is the point:

Cambridge audio is a British company, so I thought that it would be available down Europe. Cambridge Soundworks is located in western Canada, so I believe you might not get their products around.

Cambridge audio is higher grade stuff, and as a consequence tends to be pricey.

Since you are in Germany, you could look at Blaupunkt, but I am not aware of their prices. Teufel has a line of those also. There is also some Creative stuff that could be contenders as well (they have a line of portable speakers).

With 250 Euros, you could take a stroll to an home electronique boutique and get good products for your money, and you could probably demo the stuff. Just got to take the "facts" they are providing with a grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I got demo of some good speakers during this weekend and among those were blaupunkt. They seemsed good but I didn't really like them in terms of the 'sound'. Maybe I should wait for christmas discounts before buying the speaker. As during that period I may even get a

Choosing one among the sea of personal speakers is pretty hard.There are a lot of factors for speakers to please you, the first one being your ears. Take note that your hearing will change after time also, so that go with the best sounding speaker to you. If you are demoing in a large electronics store, I must warn you that the noise around will disturb your demo. Also, don't just rely on specs or price, as a lot of manufacturers are cheating on these numbers.

Do you Europeans have something similar to Black Friday before Christmas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both JBL speakers produce amazing sound for their size, and they are the best choices on that list.

We have all of those speakers on display at work and the Bose offerings are absolutely rubbish, I could not ever convey to you just how shite they are. They sound terrible, tinny, and they are incredibly overpriced just because they have a bose badge.

Both JBLs are indentical in terms of the sound they produce, they literally have the same speakers and specifications (and both produce great sound for compact units). The Charge gets a way longer use on battery life and can actually be used to charge other devices by USB. The Flip 2 is incredibly value for money though.

• Like 1