GTX 580 Graphics Card from ASUS Tested

Nemo

OCC reviewer ccokeman examines a card from ASUS with voltage tweaking capabilities that promise up to 50% better performance, but can it deliver on that promise? To find out, check out our review of the ASUS GTX 580 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_gtx580_review/

Nice review! So much for the 50% overclock performance with voltage tweak. :(

Lol, my asus said thats too. They're not lieing , you can get a 50% overclock . They forget to mention on ln2 :P

Uses less power, is cooler and performs better than the HD5970(Not all the time, but it does with its OC and that wasn't even watercooled yet). Where is IVI, I think its time you start recommending this card over the others ^_^

Uses less power, is cooler and performs better than the HD5970(Not all the time, but it does with its OC and that wasn't even watercooled yet). Where is IVI, I think its time you start recommending this card over the others ^_^

More expensive, cant do it yet ;)

Great card, but can't recommend something that doesn't have price/performance in check (which the 5970 could either until I started finding them for ~$400, and 480s even more at ~$300)

More expensive, cant do it yet ;)

Great card, but can't recommend something that doesn't have price/performance in check (which the 5970 could either until I started finding them for ~$400, and 480s even more at ~$300)

Lowest I found on the egg was $500, $440 with rebate....

But you must agree, Nvidia got it right with the GTX 580, they are going the right way anyways right? :)

Edited by Krieg1337

Lowest I found on the egg was $500, $440 with rebate....

But you must agree, Nvidia got it right with the GTX 580, they are going the right way anyways right? :)

Yeah definitely its a step in the right direction, I just always have a hard time liking the highest price card despite it having many positive qualities.

I often look harder than newegg ;)

Nice review! So much for the 50% overclock performance with voltage tweak. :(

It says "Up to 50% so they have seen 50% on some cards with the feature. To get 50 % with this card you would need a 390MHz overclock and I was able to get 180 stable but could get about 20mhz more for some lightly loaded benchs.

ccokeman-

Great article,, but i have a question about the power regulator. The 580 gets a new hardware fix for futurmark and whatnot and many have made a deal about it. I thought AMD had done this long ago.

http://www.geeks3d.com/20090925/ati-cypress-radeon-hd-5870-cards-have-hardware-protection-against-power-virus-like-furmark-and-occt/

This is the same thing just different wording, is it not?

Please fill me in if i am wrong.