My First Official Worklog (Bahamut's Lagoon)

NikoDG

+1 . I just recently discovered how good the fans are, and for the price, I would go with the silverstone fans. They have some for 13 bucks on newegg, so compared to some 22 buck NF-F12 fans, they could definitely save you a pretty penny on something like your build.

Who said anything about NF-F12 fans? I was planning on using 1,850RPM Gentle Typhoons

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about NF-F12 fans? I was planning on using 1,850RPM Gentle Typhoons

No one, I was just using it as an example just to prove my point. I forgot you were using the gentle typhoons and my english teacher F'ed up my writing by making me compare things in papers all the time.

Lol, oh okay :P

So how good are those Silverstone fans? If they and the GT's were the same price which would you chose? (I'm not pinching pennies on what's gonna cost less than $100 after all, the fans are all about airflow)

Lol, oh okay :P

So how good are those Silverstone fans? If they and the GT's were the same price which would you chose? (I'm not pinching pennies on what's gonna cost less than $100 after all, the fans are all about airflow)

I wouldn't touch any Silverstone fans...after a bad experience with the blades breaking off of the fans in a brand-new Raven case I'm soured on them.

I wouldn't touch any Silverstone fans...after a bad experience with the blades breaking off of the fans in a brand-new Raven case I'm soured on them.

Oh dang, they mess your rig up?

I was thinking I might use an Air Penetrator in my GPU bracket for my HAF X, they're supposed to be really good at directing airflow in a column. I figured I could use it to make sure none of my GPU's aren't starved for air, no matter how close together they are.

I'm thinking I might just watercool my CPU, then just try and get decent partner cards with good aircoolers, rather than dumping a ton of heat from my GPU's into the water loop.

I was thinking I might use an Air Penetrator in my GPU bracket for my HAF X, they're supposed to be really good at directing airflow in a column. I figured I could use it to make sure none of my GPU's aren't starved for air, no matter how close together they are.

I'm thinking I might just watercool my CPU, then just try and get decent partner cards with good aircoolers, rather than dumping a ton of heat from my GPU's into the water loop.

Depending what kind of GPU cooling you have that is probably a very bad idea as it's more likely to starve them for air or mess up the blades.

A colum of air at nearly full pressure pushed crossways across a fan will not help. A quiet fan pulling in a smaller amount of air just to keep a fresh flow that will make it into the GPU is fine.

Air penetrators are really for forcing air say through HDDs and into the rest of the case ect.

Nah, they were in a server at work. I just broke off another blade to somewhat balance the fan and left it running at low speed. I'm sure the bearing will go bad eventually but it's working fine for now. :lol:

Nah, they were in a server at work. I just broke off another blade to somewhat balance the fan and left it running at low speed. I'm sure the bearing will go bad eventually but it's working fine for now. :lol:

There's some American ingenuity, if it's broke break the other side to make it even :lol:

So, a little update, I've been so busy working I haven't had enough time off to sit down, assemble and test every part of my hardware, so my build is very patiently waiting in my closet. That's the bad news. The good news is that I have made so much extra money this month I have decided to treat myself with something special. The coveted CoolerMaster Cosmos II Ultra case will soon be mine! Muahaha! Also, I've already found someone to take the HAF X off my hands, so things are looking pretty good. Though I'm probably going to end up changing my theme yet again :ouch:

So, a little update, I've been so busy working I haven't had enough time off to sit down, assemble and test every part of my hardware, so my build is very patiently waiting in my closet. That's the bad news. The good news is that I have made so much extra money this month I have decided to treat myself with something special. The coveted CoolerMaster Cosmos II Ultra case will soon be mine! Muahaha! Also, I've already found someone to take the HAF X off my hands, so things are looking pretty good. Though I'm probably going to end up changing my theme yet again :ouch:

Just as long as you don't end up with 3 rigs by the time you are done. :lol:

Edit: I have a prediction... At the rate the sizes of cases are going up, I think by the end of the century there will be PC cases that will be as large as super computers.

Edited by PremiumAcc

I hate you!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

j/k

Hope you enjoy the case.

Edit: I have a prediction... At the rate the sizes of cases are going up, I think by the end of the century there will be PC cases that will be as large as super computers.

... You do know supercomputers have cases right? So your prediction is already true.

Edited by SpeedCrazy