ocz vertex 4

dling

8% real world? :lol:

Man you must start throwing facts like all other people in this forum,and stop repeating others' people words like a parrot.

8% real world !

8% real world !

8% real world !

8% real world !

This is the way people talk:

Same settings

Marvell9128

post-85389-0-07678200-1335192516_thumb.png

Sata2

post-85389-0-57866900-1335192590_thumb.png

Its not better for 50%,but its better and if you remember we didnt talk about how much is better,but ONLY is it or is not.

Just for the record my ssd was on sata2 and when i saw(with my eyes,not bench) how much is faster windows load,mkvmerge GUI,spybot S & D,and other programs on marvell9128 i never return it back on sata2

I cant wait the day to buy Z68,and true sata3.

Edited by Marvell Chip

so do you think it's better for me to run 2x 64gb SSDs in RAID 0 vs 1x 120gb ssd??

at the mo i've got Sata II but am planning to upgrade to Sata III

thanks

i would say yes, i havent had any issues with my dual ssds in raid 0, and if your confined to sata2 now, you will get sata 3 speeds, then when you move to sata 3, you will have even more.

just make sure to get a 1155 or 2011 mobo, as 1366 and 1156 mobos wont let you raid on sata 3

RAID 0 with SSDs is a complete pain in the butt.

What do you mean? I ran 2 Intel X18-M SSDs in RAID 0, basically problem free for close to 2 years. I have had my 2 Corsair Force GT SSDs in RAID 0 for close to 3 months now and also haven't had a single issue.

But, on the Z68 platform, I get better performance out of the Intel ports vs the Marvell ports!

so do you think it's better for me to run 2x 64gb SSDs in RAID 0 vs 1x 120gb ssd??

at the mo i've got Sata II but am planning to upgrade to Sata III

thanks

Definitely go for the single larger drive. There are no real world speed advantages to running a pair of smaller drives and the headaches of running a RAID setup just aren't worth it (loss of TRIM, more complexity, double the chance for failure, etc).

I've been through the following setups, all of them feel identical in real use:

1x128 GB SATA II SSD

2x128 GB SATA II SSD RAID 0

2x120 GB SATA III SSD RAID 0

1x128 GB SATA II SSD + Seagate 750 GB using Intel SRT

I'm not kidding when I say all of the above are indistinguishable in real use. Unless you're sitting there with a stopwatch and timing your level loads down to the tenth of a second it makes no difference whatsoever.

What do you mean? I ran 2 Intel X18-M SSDs in RAID 0, basically problem free for close to 2 years. I have had my 2 Corsair Force GT SSDs in RAID 0 for close to 3 months now and also haven't had a single issue.

But, on the Z68 platform, I get better performance out of the Intel ports vs the Marvell ports!

It's fine until something breaks...then it's a headache. :lol: The only advantage to running RAID 0 is that you get logically a single larger drive. If you have the choice between a single larger drive versus 2 smaller drives in RAID 0 you should always choose the former. :)