Is it true wireless keyboard & mouse has lag problem ?

bluecat68

Wireless mice can be ok if you spend a good chunk of cash on a decent one. I have two razer mambas that can be used either way and while there wasn't a noticable difference between wired or wireless, I still choose to use them while plugged in. I am pretty much an FPS player only and my favorite game requires that you have a good aim and and are able to get the shot off first, I just feel that staying wired will better allow me to do that.

• Like 1

I use a wireless mouse and there is zero difference that I can see from any other mouse i've used.  It's a Logitech M705. 

As for battery life i've been using the same set of batteries it came with.  I bought it in May 2011...

I'm using the same mouse now and its bloody awesome, battery lasts forever too.

• Like 1

Again many thanks to all the reply and comment, i think i will get a decent wired combo set and a better wireless mouse to try it out myself.

So far my current cheap wireless keyboard is fine to use, only the mouse a little too precise i suppose, may be i should look for some 1000dpi mouse. For the battery life anything last longer than 6 months is already very fine to me :D

Thanks again and have a nice time everyone :happy:

Best to find one that has adjustable levels for the dpi. I use 2-3 different dpi seettings on mine for different games.

Yup good idea. My current wireless mouse just too cheap to have this adjustable dpi setting :no:

No, there is no discernable difference between wired and wireless mice and keyboards. Or if there is, it is so miniscule it cannot be detected humans. I have a reaction time of 200ms and input lag should not be a deciding factor on what peripheral you use.

I have one new question here. What is so special about those so call gaming keyboard or gaming mouse ?? More button or something ?? All i know is that those label with gaming usually very expensive :wallbash:

I have a gaming mouse I got for

The mouse seems reasonable quality, it was a bit light for my liking initially, but I've got used to it. The battery seems fine, it lasts for about a month I think, I don't really make a note of when I change batteries though. I'm sure if I used non-rechargable batteries it would last longer. All I mean by 'more comfortable to use' is that it fits my hand better, so it feels more natural to hold it, that's all.

The mouse I have has a DPI button which allows me to alternate between 800, 1200, 1800 and 2400dpi which allows me to use whatever setting is most comfortable for me. In Battlefield 3 for example, I have the sensitivity changed all the way down, but I use the 2400dpi setting which allows me to make more accurate shots.

Battery life varies a lot, I had a cheap wireless mouse that used AAA batteries, and lasted for 3 months without needing to be replaced. Number of buttons also varies on a mouse depending on what model you buy.

And finally, different people have different hands, so some mice designs will feel more natural to certain hand shapes/sizes. I'd imagine some mice may be uncomfortable after extended periods of time, so read reviews.

You might want to try the Logitech G400, one of the most reliable and commonly used gaming mice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104577

The mouse seems reasonable quality, it was a bit light for my liking initially, but I've got used to it. The battery seems fine, it lasts for about a month I think, I don't really make a note of when I change batteries though. I'm sure if I used non-rechargable batteries it would last longer. All I mean by 'more comfortable to use' is that it fits my hand better, so it feels more natural to hold it, that's all.

The mouse I have has a DPI button which allows me to alternate between 800, 1200, 1800 and 2400dpi which allows me to use whatever setting is most comfortable for me. In Battlefield 3 for example, I have the sensitivity changed all the way down, but I use the 2400dpi setting which allows me to make more accurate shots.

Ic. Understood. Sound good to have a mouse that allow to change different dpi but not sure how much is that in my place here. Thanks for your time.