need new FPS..........single player

nice_shoes

I need a new shooter, but I only play as single player......no multiplayer........so I'm looking for something that has a single play mode that is not too short. I'm considering the following:

• Call of Duty: United Offensive
  • Left 4 Dead Game of the Year Edition
  • F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
  • Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Collection

I don't want to limit myself to these. so all suggestions and comments are welcome. What's out there that is good??

I loved Metro 2033. It has a great storyline, some nice mechanics, since you have to save bullets and such while they also act as currency and nice graphics. It's very GPU heavy though.

Well saying Metro 2033 is all well and dandy, but if the OP still has an 8800GTS 320MB. There is no point in offering up Metro 2033 since it will not run on that.

Have you evern played Halflife and/or Halflife 2? Between all the HL2, HL2:EP1, and HL2:EP2 there are about 100 hours or more(depends if you rush it, or do everything little thing possible) of play time in those games are they are awesome! Highly recommend if you have never played them.

Edited by MercuryDoun

Well saying Metro 2033 is all well and dandy, but if the OP still has an 8800GTS 320MB. There is no point in offering up Metro 2033 since it will not run on that. Have you evern played Halflife and/or Halflife 2? Between all the HL2, HL2:EP1, and HL2:EP2 there are about 100 hours or more(depends if you rush it, or do everything little thing possible) of play time in those games are they are awesome! Highly recommend if you have never played them.
YEP, I've played all the Half-Life, they were all terrific but I've done them twice and I don't want to do it a third time. IMHO, HL2 is the best game of all time.

But why limit yourself to FPS shooters only? There are some brilliant 3rd person shooters out there that can take weeks to play (GTA Series) & they tend to be good value for money.

playing l4d alone is kind of stupid, you should get l4d2 anyway

you should look at borderlands, skyrim, SS3, darkness2 (kind of bloody),

edit: oh and bioshock3 later this year is probably going to be amazing

Edited by potatochobit

Well out of the games you listed, FEAR is the best choice in my opinion. Left 4 Dead is really meant to be played as multiplayer. Call of Duty United Offensive, I was under the impression that was purely multiplayer but maybe I'm wrong, I know that's the part that everyone seems to love with it anyway. Fallout New Veags, probably fun, just not a fan of the Fallout games myself.

Also you might be able to play Metro, but it would be on the lowest possible graphics, and even then I'm not sure it'd be smooth.

Some that I enjoyed, just going down the list:

Clive Barker's Jericho

Cryostasis

Crysis

Duke Nukem Forever (not sure I'd recommend it, I love it, most people seem to hate it though)

Hard Reset

Painkiller

Zeno Clash

All pretty much single player focused games.