Have you had an OCZ SSD fail or have to be RMA'd?

potatochobit

50 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have to RMA an OCZ Vertex2 or Agility2?

• Yes, a 60GB OCZ
    • Yes, a 120GB OCZ
    • Yes, 160GB OCZ or Higher
    • Yes, a Different brand, up to 128GB
    • Yes, a Different brand over 128GB
    • No, all my SSD drives work great! (anybrand)
    • I did not get my rebate from buying an SSD! (anybrand)

There seems to be alot of confusion and accusations going around

Since we are a tech site there is no reason we should not make the numbers official

So let's Poll and see how our community has been affected

Please vote if you had a total failure or had to RMA an SSD product

Multiple choices allowed!

Do NOT vote if you had a firmware issue or a brick that has since been resolved

Do NOT vote if you returned a product because you were not happy with it

I will tell you from what I have seen 160GB drives and larger have a much higher reported failure rate

but.... those drives are also in the 300-400$ range, so people who are upset complain alot more, so take it with a grain of salt

I would be mad too if I paid 500$ for something that did not work

There seems to be alot of confusion and accusations going around

Only from trolls like yourself.

Return rates are published from all of the major companies. Early Indilinx drives as well as early Sandforce drives had firmware bugs that took a while to work out. Current models with updated firmware are rarely affected (return rates < 2% across all major manufacturers).

nope, you are mistaken

perhaps you did not know but OCZ released firmware version 1.33 this week

and why did they released this?

do you even know what problems version 1.32 cleared up from the previous release?

You assume everyone lives in your little world typing on a 42" TV screen but that is not true

if you look around the forums like on the Macintosh community you will see SSDs are not so plug and play as you would like to believe

SSD firmware is updated far more frequently than you seem to be advocating and it is still a work in progress, even for the year old drives

if you want to troll, I am cool with that but dont spout me some random BS from Intel, I am fully aware of their 'reported' failure rates and I find it as credible as their IGP 'benchmarks'

nope, you are mistaken

This coming from someone who trolls seemingly every single forum he joins? Right.

Take your trolling somewhere else. TechReport doesn't want it and OCC doesn't either. :cheers:

If you're going to accuse Intel of subterfuge you could at least offer a minimal amount of proof that they've lied about even a single point of IGP performance in the past to establish some sort of distrust.

Edited by Waco

:cry: going to troll my topic into the ground are you?

very well, since you seem to love tech report so much why don't you try reading some of their articles

now, i am not about to argue with you for something that has been occurring for 10 years and from a news post over 2 years ago

Edited by potatochobit

very well, since you seem to love tech report so much why don't you try reading some of their articles

Read that before. I see no problems with those optimizations especially since they are enabled by default for nearly everything in the newer drivers. Better performance with zero difference in image quality is not something I'd call cheating. :rolleyes:

where is the section for OCZ makes crap now and is going the route of rosewill? really OCZ hasn't been doing so well for awhile now and when i heard they pulled the plug on Ram it was for the better.

no clue what this was about.

Edited by hornybluecow

where is the section for OCZ makes crap now and is going the route of rosewill? really OCZ hasn't been doing so well for awhile now and when i heard they pulled the plug on Ram it was for the better.

I never had problems with their ram with this nor my last build, had a corsair stick die on me two builds earlier though.

I don't own an SSD so I haven't experienced any failures...

However, browsing the OCZ forums, there seems to be quite a lot of problems with SSDs at the moment.... http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?248-SandForce-Vertex2-LE-Pro-Agility2-Vertex2-Agility2-EX-Drives-REVO-and-HSDL-drives&order=desc

I have to agree with you. OCZ do have a lot of failures. Also check out Newegg reviews they say the same thing as well.

I have and use three different OZC drives and have not had any of them have an issue. However I will agree with the OP in that I have heard a lot of complaining about drive failures. I think it would be interesting to get a site wide poll of users and failures. As for the support forums being the place to find this out, forget it. The support forum posts might represent the majority of issues but you have to understand for every poster there are 100 users that do not post to the forums.

Waco I wouldn't believe the return/failure rates from the companies. They are probably highly inaccurate or just plain made up. Remember when Microsoft claimed that the Xbox 360 failure rate(Rrod) was less then 5 percent? It was really was around 40-60 percent.