Corsair H70 Clogged

Arjun

My Phenom II 965 CPU temps even at stock on H70 tend to be at 43 degree Celsius. Just exactly 26 days ago I applied Coolermaster IceFusion thermal paste and cleaned the system including my H70. Still it didn't lower the temps. Finally thought of reapplying the thermal paste when.I saw some dust on the radiator fans. Out of curiosity I just unscrewed the exterior fan and aghast the scene was terrifying. Just 26 days of dirt I mean it literally 26 days of dirt can clog the radiator to such extent in-spite of having dust filters on intake fan side of my CM HAF 922 cabinet what will it do to NH-D14 I am thinking of ordering which is having more fins ?

As I am planning to upgrade my rig this problem has now totally perplexed me.

Just cant think of any solution...May be custom water cooling but as that kit also consists of radiator it also might end up the same way. 

Please suggest a solution.

post-70377-0-73023600-1359663855_thumb.jpg

Clean your house? That's a lot of dust for less than a month.

Well at my home cleaning is done on daily basis..In-spite of that this problem occurred. i agree that it is lot of dust for less than a month thats why I am perplexed.

I see much the same problem where I live. My problem is dogs and my close proximity to the interstate that creates a lot of dust in and outside the home. Filters would be your best option but with that kind of dust load you will still require regular maintenance, at least once a month. The H70 has dual fans and moves a tremendous amount of air exacerbating the problem.  Fans with lower airflow ratings could help extend the time frame but will not eliminate the maintenance. Using a filter might make the chore easier but will still need to be done.

I have a H80 and mine is like this every month. Like some said above, I have cats and dogs,both my wife and son smoke(not me yuck!) so all this makes for a very bad Environment. As we have Six computers in the house , I have to do this to all of them at least once a month(Three water cooled, Three air cooled. makes no difference , all look like yours in a month).

I see much the same problem where I live. My problem is dogs and my close proximity to the interstate that creates a lot of dust in and outside the home. Filters would be your best option but with that kind of dust load you will still require regular maintenance, at least once a month. The H70 has dual fans and moves a tremendous amount of air exacerbating the problem.  Fans with lower airflow ratings could help extend the time frame but will not eliminate the maintenance. Using a filter might make the chore easier but will still need to be done.

I have a H80 and mine is like this every month. Like some said above, I have cats and dogs,both my wife and son smoke(not me yuck!) so all this makes for a very bad Environment. As we have Six computers in the house , I have to do this to all of them at least once a month(Three water cooled, Three air cooled. makes no difference , all look like yours in a month).

Thanks Ccokeman & My_Time..Atleast some people share the same pain as I am..BTW manual cleaning seems to be the only solution right now..Working on custom filters as suggested.

The HAF 922 usually has a large unfiltered side ventilation section & that's probably where your H70 gets most of it's air from. Make sure it's properly filtered. If you don't have access to fine mesh you can always make do with a pair of pantyhose but they too will have to be replaced regularly. If you have a side fan fitted it just compounds the problem. Your only other solution (& most effective) is to move to a less dusty region.

I was surprised up until I read it was HAF, those things are dust whores unfortunately.

Raise Pc up off the floor or carpet.

+2

Yeah I totally agree..now in process of making custom filters and also trying to mod my H70 for better performance. Can any 1 comment on quality of Coolermaster iceFusion thermal paste? I have been using one but it is more than 2.5 years old but fluid.