G9 mouse side button woes

Crawlerz246

had this G9 mouse (not the G9x, just the 9) for at least a couple of years now. like the side recess. play the %^$# out of BF3. like it a lot.

some time ago I've started noticing the side buttons not reacting on first click. lately it's gotten really noticeable. 3,4,5 clicks to get it to work. quite annoying since that's my knife in BF3. no stealth knife is a life or death decision. needless to say this lead to a lot of profanities.

since it's way out of it's RMA period, is there a way to clean it maybe? what should I do? I mean I'm certainly not the cleanliest person in the world, and I've got 2 dogs, but my electronics I try to keep clean.

what can I do?

had this G9 mouse (not the G9x, just the 9) for at least a couple of years now. like the side recess. play the %^$# out of BF3. like it a lot.

some time ago I've started noticing the side buttons not reacting on first click. lately it's gotten really noticeable. 3,4,5 clicks to get it to work. quite annoying since that's my knife in BF3. no stealth knife is a life or death decision. needless to say this lead to a lot of profanities.

since it's way out of it's RMA period, is there a way to clean it maybe? what should I do? I mean I'm certainly not the cleanliest person in the world, and I've got 2 dogs, but my electronics I try to keep clean.

what can I do?

I can't really say, but if you're clever, there's a way around the RMA period. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

You could call Logitech's customer service and let them know. If your mouse is still under warranty (most Logitech mice are three years from date of purchase), they may be able to send you a new one. I did the same for my G500 after having it for about two years. Got a replacement one in a week and I didn't even have to send the old one in.