LucasArts is No More

bp9801

I have always wanted an updated X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter. With modern graphics and the new movies, it would be killer. But, I am scared to death of what EA would do to it.

Yeah, you get an X-Wing to start with. A TIE is day-one DLC, with any other ships available two months later for $5 each. Map packs every month for $15 to expand the original offering of four.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always wanted an updated X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter. With modern graphics and the new movies, it would be killer. But, I am scared to death of what EA would do to it.

Yeah, you get an X-Wing to start with. A TIE is day-one DLC, with any other ships available two months later for $5 each. Map packs every month for $15 to expand the original offering of four.

Don't forget the eventual release of a zombie challenge mode.

Excuse me, but you can't tell me you wouldn't thoroughly enjoy slaughtering zombies with a lightsaber :P

Excuse me, but you can't tell me you wouldn't thoroughly enjoy slaughtering zombies with a lightsaber :P

Only if they turn X-Wing vs TIE Fighter into a ground game. But if they were to add, say, the Death Troopers with their Star Destroyer and maybe some TIEs, then it'd make sense. :P

If that isn't a mod for L4D2 now, it should be. They were talking about X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter though, and I'm just not sure how you'd incorporate a zombie mode into that. Someone would probably have a bad idea on how to do it though and run with that.

Now, "Zombies of the Old Republic" could be fun. At least HK would enjoy it.

If that isn't a mod for L4D2 now, it should be. They were talking about X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter though, and I'm just not sure how you'd incorporate a zombie mode into that. Someone would probably have a bad idea on how to do it though and run with that.

Now, "Zombies of the Old Republic" could be fun. At least HK would enjoy it.

Zombie Driver style except in space with X-Wings and TIE Fighters :lol:

I can imagine the story now: undead Tarkin has returned with a new (Un)Death Star filled with other zombies, all set on eating the brains of everyone they find, no matter what side they are on. This causes the Rebels and Empire to join forces in order to destroy this new threat, meanwhile the Undeath Star fires its super laser randomly into space (it is hard to aim and see with dead eyes). Once the threat is destroyed though, the Rebels and Imperial forces continue their truce, realizing they do not have to be enemies, and change their Facebook statuses to question marks while simultaneously posting on Twitter, "Can't we all just get along? #OneGalaxy."

In other news, all science fiction fans band together to destroy EA like Alderaan, and then return to their bitter fights over which has the best stories and characters, because they know that no matter what the morale of the story is, the forces of good and evil can never rest while the other exist and enemies are enemies until they are destroyed, mercilessly with the ground salted and tomes burned.

I spent too much time writing that.

I can imagine the story now: undead Tarkin has returned with a new (Un)Death Star filled with other zombies, all set on eating the brains of everyone they find, no matter what side they are on. This causes the Rebels and Empire to join forces in order to destroy this new threat, meanwhile the Undeath Star fires its super laser randomly into space (it is hard to aim and see with dead eyes). Once the threat is destroyed though, the Rebels and Imperial forces continue their truce, realizing they do not have to be enemies, and change their Facebook statuses to question marks while simultaneously posting on Twitter, "Can't we all just get along? #OneGalaxy."

In other news, all science fiction fans band together to destroy EA like Alderaan, and then return to their bitter fights over which has the best stories and characters, because they know that no matter what the morale of the story is, the forces of good and evil can never rest while the other exist and enemies are enemies until they are destroyed, mercilessly with the ground salted and tomes burned.

And clearly spent too much time thinking about this too ;):lol:

And clearly spent too much time thinking about this too ;):lol:

Actually it flowed really well, meaning I didn't have to think much. Really the only thought involved was whether or not to use  a quote from Blazing Saddles about stampeding people and raping livestock. I decided not to use it on the risk of someone not getting the reference.

Dead Rising 2 says hello ;)

I'm ok with EA getting the SW licence, I just hope to god someone other than EA picks up the rights to Grim Fandango & Day of the Tentacle and all those other old school adventure games you cant get anywhere via digital distribution

EDIT: how do we embed youtube videos since the forum update? everything i seem to try doesn't work :doh:

Edited by bilcliff