Borderlands 2 coming September 18!

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be bad considering it has no proper Versus.. but probably too much hassle for them, especially since they aren't very close to MS :(

They have a good relationship with Sony (Steam is on PS3's) so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried cross platform play with PS3 users.

Borderlands will be using Steam for you complainers :P

http://www.gearboxit...nt/view/829/33/

Hasn't that been known since forever? They updated the first Borderlands on Steam awhile back to start testing it.

Wouldn't be bad considering it has no proper Versus.. but probably too much hassle for them, especially since they aren't very close to MS :(

Since they have Steam on PS3, they can do it with that....like they did with Portal 2

Hasn't that been known since forever? They updated the first Borderlands on Steam awhile back to start testing it.

Since they have Steam on PS3, they can do it with that....like they did with Portal 2

Back up your statement with an official announcement or something... that's me being mean :P Wouldn't know since I don't have it on PC... anyways this is from launch day.

Portal 2 is a Source game so it would have been easier to make, last time I checked Source and Unreal 3 weren't the same engine.

Back up your statement with an official announcement or something... that's me being mean :P Wouldn't know since I don't have it on PC... anyways this is from launch day.

Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/29334/

And the engine really has nothing to do with whether cross-platform play would be possible. If Gearbox implemented Steamworks on the PC version, I see no reason why they couldn't do the same in the PS3 version if they wanted that capability. That being said, they may not feel the demand for such a thing to be high enough to warrant proceeding with that.

Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.overclock...com/news/29334/

And the engine really has nothing to do with whether cross-platform play would be possible. If Gearbox implemented Steamworks on the PC version, I see no reason why they couldn't do the same in the PS3 version if they wanted that capability. That being said, they may not feel the demand for such a thing to be high enough to warrant proceeding with that.

About Borderlands 2, I knew about that update...

Except for the extra labor for a minority, plus it would be easier to get hacked weapons... plus it takes a long time to get a game ready for Cross Platform. Just saying it was easier when the game was made with an engine that is also owned by Steams developer...

About Borderlands 2, I knew about that update...

Except for the extra labor for a minority, plus it would be easier to get hacked weapons... plus it takes a long time to get a game ready for Cross Platform. Just saying it was easier when the game was made with an engine that is also owned by Steams developer...

Well absolutely. It was also easier because I venture to guess that cross-platform play was something they planned fairly early on in development, knowing that they were bringing Steam to the PS3.