external web browsing blocked

ir_cow

So i am at work right now (at school) and for some reason firefox has become open to the WWW while IE and Chrome continues to stay locked. It use to be all the computers are locked so you could only access  the campus website. 

My question is do any of your web admin folk know how to unlock IE and or Chrome ? What settings should I look for in Firefox 3.5 (very old, thats how long this computer has been without the web).

Something of that nature most likely is not handled on a computer by computer basis. It will be handled at the server side via group policy or something similar. There are ways around this sort of thing but we won't be discussing that as it would be a violation of the rules here.

Chrome and IE share the internet proxy that would be in the internet conection setting area, FireFox has it's own. FireFox, if just installed, will not have a proxy pre-programmed. Go to the setting and connection area to be sure. If simply removing the proxy is what allows FireFox to access the web, then disabling it in IE's setting will allow IE and Chrome to also access to the web.