MSI GTX 770 Gaming Reviewed

Bosco

Now that's what I call a great comparison - reference card vs custom PCB card.

By that all of us can easily understand the amount of improvement in terms of performance and whether the price is justified or not.

Very good, detailed review.

AMD needs something new, it's been a year and a half since the 7000 series launched.

At least it is obvious that AMD needs to drop the price of their cards immediately. :lol:

Seems good :)

AMD needs something new, it's been a year and a half since the 7000 series launched.

AMD Goliath ($1000). THat would be funny to see. :lol:

The rumoured 8970 seems to fit that role, except for $600. If only they had the monies to make an uber card

At least it is obvious that AMD needs to drop the price of their cards immediately. :lol:

Exactemundo!

Seems good :)

AMD Goliath ($1000). THat would be funny to see. :lol:

The rumoured 8970 seems to fit that role, except for $600. If only they had the monies to make an uber card

The way AMD is talking by the time they launch it the 800 series will be out from NVIDIA :doh:

Awesome card, great pricing, performance, and power consumption....just wth Nvidia, get some more Vram on there! (780 should have been 4GB and this 3GB)

I was surprised that the MSI has much better power consumption, guess the improved onboard components really do account for something.

Also I think you meant 7970 in your sentence, unless you were referring to data off the provided graphs:

In Batman: Arkham City the HD 7970 is markedly faster than the MSI and NVIDIA GTX 770's in both resolutions tested by 10 and 7FPS depending on the resolution. AMD cards do seem to perform well in this game with even the HD 7950 getting into the act.

Thanks for the review!

Edited by IVIYTH0S