Our Sapphire HD 3870 Video Card Review is posted

Bosco

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, just popping in to say THANK YOU for including 1680x1050 in your review. I don't know why so many reviewers still don't include any widescreen resolutions (dunno about here, but everywhere else).

You're welcome! It is a review standard here at OverclockersClub because we know that many people (myself included) play at the highest resolutions.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Just wondering... did Sapphire send this card to you directly or was it purchased from a store? I ask because my Sapphire 3870 does not have any of those extra cd's (Black Box, 3dmark2006, DVD software). It was purchased from Newegg. Another person so far has said the same.

I bought the Sapphire HD3870 card from Newegg.com in the United States and it did not come with the Half Life 2 Black Box coupon, nor did it come with any of the additional software: No Power DVD, No Cyberlink DVD Suite. :angry2:

So I sent SapphireTech support an email

I've bought one of the Sapphire 3870 cards from newegg.com and it did not come with the software that reviewers from toms hardware said the card should come with. The only software that came with the card were catalyst software drivers. There was no "Power DVD 7 (5.1) as well as Cyberlink DVD Suite, 3DMark06, Valve's Back Box" as stated on page 7 of the Tom's Hardware review. http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/15/amd...3800/page7.html What's up?

and this is the response:

The HD3870 sold in the USA region are the Lite Retail version, that is why you do not see those inlcuded in there. The reviwers gets the full retail version from our marketing department that is why their tested sample included those.

It would be nice if you could mention this in the article... I'm not sure if the Full Retail pack is coming to Canada, but since you mention the price in USD I would assume that the review is also targetted at Americans.

I bought the Sapphire HD3870 card from Newegg.com in the United States and it did not come with the Half Life 2 Black Box coupon, nor did it come with any of the additional software: No Power DVD, No Cyberlink DVD Suite. :angry2:

So I sent SapphireTech support an email

and this is the response:

It would be nice if you could mention this in the article... I'm not sure if the Full Retail pack is coming to Canada, but since you mention the price in USD I would assume that the review is also targetted at Americans.

I think thats pretty lame on Sapphires part. I'd be willing to bet none of their cards sold anywhere come with the extra software. I've read about how bad their support is anymore, and this probably is just proof of it. Also I registered on the Sapphire forums so I could post there, but that was a couple weeks ago, and they still have not activated my account there or even replied to my question why they haven't.

I have the Sapphire 3870 but still haven't installed it because I'm still debating if I want it.

I've seen posts from people claiming how the ATI drivers get faster after a few updates, but this last update apparently went down for benchmarks.

Edited by tcool93