Google Chrome Issue

TheyCallMeGunny

I recently changed my overclock. Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Ever since one failed torture test in Prime 95, google chrome has been acting weird. Even since I found 100% stability.

It does EXACTLY the same thing every single time.

I open google chrome one time, and my bookmarks bar looks like this (as it should):

chromeworking.png

Then I open it the nest time, and it looks like this:

chromeissue.png

And it repeats in a perfect cycle of 1:1. The exact same bookmarks. Even after restarts, the cycle is PERFECTLY consistent.

How do I fix this? I have not tried to uninstall yet, because my google account has changed and I'd rather not sync everything to a new account by hand: But if it's the best recommendation, I'll do it. I HAVE checked and repaired disk errors on my boot partition, just to note.

--Edits, just inserting description and OS version.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

cant you just go to options and sync it that way and then uninstall and re-install and re sync?

No I can't. Long story short, I can't get the bookmarks from the old account synced to the new account. Passwords either.

Anyway to export those to a file, to re-import into the new account?

Edited by dragonsdontfly

I'm just going to redo my passwords and etc by hand. It doesn't honestly take that long, and I woke up at 2AM sick, and can't get back to sleep.. So now's as good a time as any.

Thanks for the help though guys, just been having issues doing that with this account (since the account that's currently logged in, is one i don't know have access to anymore.. So logging out means losing the data and not being able to sync it back.)

I reinstalled google chrome. Can't sign into my account, but it's still logged in on my Android phone.

So I did the identity verification thing, and used the email access I had on my phone to get exact information, down the the very day I first used every single app and so on..

So in 3-5 business dayus I oughtta have my account back, and therefor all my info too.

But in the meantime, i'm filling in what bookmarks and password I remember off-hand as new bookmarks and etc.

I plan to start saving encrypted copies of my passwords, by a password I WILL remember. Because once you reset a password, you can't use any older ones again.. So with my google being accessed by angry exes: I'm so far down the list I can't for the life of me remember the crap I'm coming up with anymore lol..

• 11 months later...

I am having an issue with Chrome for windows 7, but mine is very unusual, when i click the back arrow it opens a new tab that can not be displayed....also i can put my cursor on the options button for the bookmarks and stuff, but can not click it......i have not synced and dont want or can not afford to lose all my bookmarks.....so if you can help....im all ears!

You can export your bookmarks in a standard .html file using the bookmarks manager.  Left mouse click on the Google Chrome "Customize & Control Google Chrome" button on the top right hand of your screen.  Scroll down to "Bookmarks" and then select "Bookmark Manager".  Open up the Bookmark Manager and you'll see an "Organize" button up near the top.  Click on it and select "Export bookmarks to HTML file".  The remainder is self explanatory.  Once you've confirmed you have created the bookmark .html backup you can uninstall Chrome (make sure to do a full uninstall including preferences and settings).  Manually delete any remaining Google Chrome file folders.  Now reboot and install a fresh copy of Chrome.

Once you're done with the new installation you can Import your saved bookmarks file.

For all others, you can make a complete copy of your Google Chrome profile folder which essentially saves everything.  Uninstall Chrome, re-install and then drop that backed up profile folder into the Google Chrome directory.  (Delete the new profile folder that Chrome created after the new installation).

that is the  button it will not let me click, left or right click! so how do i do the other option

i tried looking for the file to copy, but could not find it in the google folder in program files, am i looking in the wrong spot

Edited by jbchasbarnes