Mini ITX gaming build thats ultra portable!

Pteroduck

I don't think you are going to find any ITX chassis supporting a h100.  Really you have limits in a ITX setup but it's true nothing is more portable. As for fractal design case, if  the quality is the same as the ARC i've reviewed it will be good. I cannot for sure though.

edit: the HAF 915F/R is posted on the front page.

The HAF isn't really meant to be portable (they originals weigh a ton)

I believe you can fit an H100i into the Prodigy, though.

• Like 1

Like Ed wrote, there's is no need for the h100i. I'm using a i5 2500k, and have yet to be limited in games because of the CPU. It's overclocked to a modest 4.3 GHz without much voltage tweaking. Going with an i7, it might run hotter, when using HT. Therefore, get an i5 and maybe a h60 or if you want an h80i. The h80i should be plenty for modest overclocks. It's not a rig made to run prime95 or OCCT 24/7, so you will never get super high temps with the h80i and a modest/decent OC. 

I don't think you are going to find any ITX chassis supporting a h100.  Really you have limits in a ITX setup but it's true nothing is more portable. As for fractal design case, if  the quality is the same as the ARC i've reviewed it will be good. I cannot for sure though.

The Prodigy, Caselabs Mercury S3 and Phenom all support an H100 or 240mm radiator for their build in ITX form factor. The Node 304 is an amazing case, very well designed but will be limited to a 120/140mm solution.

Might also want to consider some mATX solutions. The N200, Arc Mini and the Sugo series from Silverstone, SG08/SG09/SG10 are all great cases and Silverstone actually makes a travel back for them.

The Prodigy, Caselabs Mercury S3 and Phenom all support an H100 or 240mm radiator for their build in ITX form factor. The Node 304 is an amazing case, very well designed but will be limited to a 120/140mm solution.

Might also want to consider some mATX solutions. The N200, Arc Mini and the Sugo series from Silverstone, SG08/SG09/SG10 are all great cases and Silverstone actually makes a travel back for them.

I guess ill have to pick between the prodigy and the node then, dang. mATX seems a bit big for me.

Like Ed wrote, there's is no need for the h100i. I'm using a i5 2500k, and have yet to be limited in games because of the CPU. It's overclocked to a modest 4.3 GHz without much voltage tweaking. Going with an i7, it might run hotter, when using HT. Therefore, get an i5 and maybe a h60 or if you want an h80i. The h80i should be plenty for modest overclocks. It's not a rig made to run prime95 or OCCT 24/7, so you will never get super high temps with the h80i and a modest/decent OC. 

Ah i understand. I'll try to reason with him that the h80i on his i7 should be fine and dandy. Unfortunately, he has more money to burn than i do :vmad:

seasonic is my favorite brand, Everyone else is hit or miss per series/unit. I dont have to second guess a seasonic but they do cost more.

They are pricey as hell. I'd use a pc p&c but its too much. Plus they tend to be big and they dont come in 850w :<

Well the Prodigy will be easier to tote around, but they all are very similarly priced.

The white Prodigy can actually be had at Newegg for $60 right now, but the promo ends today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345017

The Arc Mini is another good choice especially if you plan on modding it. If you want to have a case that you wouldn't do much modding to I'd probably stick to the prodigy, it's only $10 more.