How to overclock my C2D E7500?

Vaibhav

Hello friend, first of all thanks for replying to my previous posts. Your suggestions and guidance helped me a lot.

Now as i had purchased C2D E7500, i want to overclock it. I am a total beginner in this field. I searched a lot on net and forums, got various ideas, used clockgen but i am not able to OC my cpu. Then, at last, i tried from my BIOS. I edited Bus Speed there. Initially it was 266 and multiplier is 11. So i incremented Bus Speed with 5. My system OCd very well upto the Bus Speed of 299 but on 300 it got unstable after logging into my user account. It so happened that PC logged in successfully but after 5 mins. a blue screen came and said "Dumping to Trash...." or something like that.

At that time i remembered that somewhere on the net i had read that we also have to increase Vcore voltage and have to OC the RAM. So, i got helpless because i didn't saw any editable field in BIOS for the same.

So, i request you people to please guide me in this field. Please give me step by step instructions if possible. And also tell me what softwares shall i use for it and how to use them. The detailed specs of my PC are as listed below. Also i am posting CPUZ screenshots (without OC) so that you could get better idea of my hardware. Thanx.

Mainboard- MSI G41M-P26

CPU- Intel C2D E7500, 2.93 GHz, 3 MB cache, FSB 1066

RAM- 4 GB DDR3, Dual channel

Any chance you'd be willing to take some pictures of your BIOS?

There should be a seperate section for voltage controls in your BIOS.

As for your memory. I wouldn't worry about overclocking it. If anything you'll probably need to lower the memory ratio in order to keep upping the FSB.