gtx 650ti or hd7770

jdm_freek

I am looking to replace the gpu's in all 3 of my rigs

They are all running a gtx 470 and i am happy with the performance

But my ac bill is out of control any thoughts

The 650Ti outperforms the HD7770 in certain games but the HD7770 is much more powerful and will fold well. I have a Sapphire HD7770 and I can play BF3 on ultra (2xAA) at 40FPS at least, generally 60-ish. The Sapphire also cools like a baws so would probably OC well.

The 650Ti outperforms the HD7770 in certain games but the HD7770 is much more powerful and will fold well. I have a Sapphire HD7770 and I can play BF3 on ultra (2xAA) at 40FPS at least, generally 60-ish. The Sapphire also cools like a baws so would probably OC well.

and i can xfire them the 650 has no sli  :wallbash:

and i can xfire them the 650 has no sli :wallbash:
I didn't know about that but talk about icing on the cake :D

I think the 7770 would be cooler, AMD is known for that. :teehee:

I hope you don't mean that in the literal sense, my FX-6100 hits 65C under load, it's just over 6 months old :teehee:

Of course, the GPU line is better cooled, my HD7770 (although the Sapphire variant with massive cooler smacked on top) generally idles at around 2C above room temperature, under load I haven't seen it above 40C, so it should overclock like a dream  :woot:

Edited by EuroFight