How to Maximize Storage Space Guide

Bosco

Real neat article. I didn't know the Chrome cache was that large. And I've changed the page file as well. Now I just need an SSD, so I can use the other advises :)

Great article Jim.  There are a couple other small changes you can make (helpful if running with small SSDs).

You can change the location of the Windows .tmp and .temp folders and move them off the SSD onto a larger SATA drive.  You can also change the target location for the Indexing file   :)

One other consideration - you covered the Steam topic GREAT, but many of our users (myself included) have a similar issue with Origin.  You can also tell Origin what drive you want to install games to.

I just made an interesting discovery about that Nvidia Installer2 folder. Apparently some of its contents are needed for uninstalling the drivers. I've been having issues with actually quite a few of the latest drivers, so every now and then I have to reinstall them. Well, CCleaner will not let me do that, saying it needs a file from that folder. So I'm just re-running the setup file and it says that none of the driver stuff is installed, except for PhysX.

It looks like some of those files, though unneeded for operation, are needed for this kind of maintenance.