How to format HP ENVY dv6-7250ca Laptop

sack_patrol

I just got my new laptop which is the HP ENVY dv6-7250ca, but it comes with Windows 8 which I would like to get rid of and put Windows 7. 

When I put my bootable Win7 cd and restart the laptop, it doesn't actually boot though. It just shows the HP logo with a spinning circle thingy for a while and then goes straight into the OS. 

Anyone have any ideas on how I can launch the CD so that I can format the drives and continue with the installation? 

Also pressing F8 or Del don't do anything and I'm wondering how I can access the BIOS and the Safe Mode boot up options in case I need to.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think the laptop doesn't have the DVD set up as first bootable device or whatever so I'm gonna have to enter the bios first anyway to fix that.

Edited by sack_patrol

OH CRAP! This laptop doesn't seem to support Windows 7 at all. 

When on their website to look for drivers, Windows 7 doesn't show up as a supported system. Damn, I should have checked that before.

I guess I'll be selling the laptop. How unfortunate. 

Edited by sack_patrol

It did ship with 8, but they dont support anything BUT that OS too. Also when I managed to figure out how to boot Win 7 CD, at the end of the installation it said that the hardware doesn't support the windows I am trying to install... so yea... can't do anything about that.

yea i know, but that's how it is.... When the installation was done and the laptop rebooted, an error message came up saying that the hardware doesn't support the system i am trying to install. Then I checked their website and when I went to the page for drivers and support, the only operating system that was supported was Windows 8. There's a note there saying that if my OS doesn't appear on the list, it means it's not supported. At that point it became clear that this laptop won't run with windows 7 at all. 

It's probably some scheme to force people to use that pathetic excuse for an OS - Windows 8. When Microsoft knows what they are making is pure garbage... better start paying off companies to prevent people from using older versions.

Edited by sack_patrol

I just don't want to use that OS at all, doesn't matter what it looks like. Also, I didn't keep the recovery partition since there's nothing to recover that I would need. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to expect something so insane and stupid out of a simple laptop.

It's probably some scheme to force people to use that pathetic excuse for an OS - Windows 8.

You just seem to be one of those people that love to hate Windows 8. Have you even used it? And if so, for more than 5 minutes? 

I just don't want to use that OS at all, doesn't matter what it looks like. Also, I didn't keep the recovery partition since there's nothing to recover that I would need. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to expect something so insane and stupid out of a simple laptop.

Finding proper driver for windows 7 won't be much of a problem. Find another model in their site having similar hardware config as yours and having windows 7 support. Then you can download the drivers. All in all, you need to search for specific drivers and gather those drivers from different models.

That's what I did with another laptop and even though this might work. There's still the problem of the actual laptop not wanting to have Windows 7 installed on it. I talked to a support guy about the compatibility issue and this is what he said: 

After downgrading the Operating system the generic driver are the ones which creates the trouble as because ther are all assigned with a hardware ID which is embedded with the motherboard, such as USB driver, chipset driver , PCI driver etc