Too low write/read on my new SSD

SkytTe

I've just got my new and first ssd, the Kingson HyperX 3k 120 GB. Win7 Home Premium has just been installed on to it, and one of the first things I did was to benchmark it.

Kingston states it has read and write performance of 555 read and 510 write. With ATTO 2.46 i get way lower results, which worries me. (See attached picture)

I've read that the firmware update from 502 to 503 for this SSD is important, and so I tried to update it. The funny thing is that it says that it's succesfully updated, while it is still listed as FW Rev. 502.

I don't know if this is the reason why I get bad results in ATTO, and that's why I hope some of you guys can help me figure this out.

In the readme file from Kingston, they state that "AMD users must use the Microsoft AHCI driver for the update procedure to complete succesfully"

I am no expert in this area, and has no clue as to what the MS AHCI driver is and how I check if I use it or how to enable it if not. Might this be the reason it won't update to FW Rev- 503?

Regards

Sky

post-77671-0-14001700-1349534943_thumb.png

First off you Set the BIOS to AHCI for the Sata ports... then you install windows... windows will supply the driver during updates. You can check the status in the drives properties

Is that an indirect confirmation that the firmware update isn't updated because of this?

And will I have to reinstall Windows for it to supple the driver?

And btw, there is nowhere in my BIOS with that option.

LOL, you are all right. Forgive me my ignorance. I was just not looking the right place. Now I have made my SATA 1-4 ports AHCI and my 5-6 ports IDE, and reinstalled Win7 on to the SSD in SATA 1 port.

Now I was able to update the firmware, and I now get the right readings (see below)

Thank you all!!! <3

Topic over ;)

post-77671-0-79967500-1349546645_thumb.png