The War Z - Zombie Survival MMO

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A few minutes worth of War Z gameplay. You get to see the weapon attachment menu and headshot to fully kill zombies, unless this guy likes shooting dead zombies for fun :( Sadly he never used melee weapons.

Devs have confirmed that military grade weapons and weapon attachments will be rare to find, but since they are still testing the game the drop rates are higher. Hopefully they will show gameplay of more populated areas.

Day Z has a really good atmosphere despite the bugs and hackers. Its like the only game I ever played where random players really hold the power and can control the outcome of a play session. There are a lot of decision making in Day Z, so most choices are risk/reward type of things. Right now its end-game isn't too exciting to me, which is why I no longer play it. Which makes me look forward to questing, bounty hunting, and hunting for rare zombies in War Z.

If War Z can capture that and deliver on gameplay, on top of the social features it will definitely topple Day Z, the mod, in its current state. I have hopes for Day Z standalone to be less buggy. However the creator wants to keep both the mod and standalone working, IDK how that will turn out. If Day Z standalone ends up being Arma 3 + buggy Day Z mod Alpha, I will be disappointed.

Based on what I was reading last night, the creator, Dean Hall, said that their main aim was to fix all the bugs and eliminate all the hacking that goes on with the mod. Obviously they won't be able to change much on the mod, since it is just that, however the standalone game won't allow that sort of thing, or so I read/heard. What I will be excited for is their idea of allowing people to dig out caves and put down concrete, build structures, etc. If they can accomplish that, then it will transform the game into more of a team and alliance game, while promoting warfare between clans or tribes of players. I think it would be awesome have that element, because most of the time when you run into people on DayZ, you basically are running away or shooting at them to protect yourself. More communication will have to happen between single players and groups that are playing together to recruit to keep strength in numbers. I will be excited to see how and if they will be able to accomplish all of this in the standalone. I love playing the Mod for now and do so every now and again. Hope the standalone improves on what I already think is a very good game idea.