What's your PC plans for 2015?

FUZi0N

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New case, too lazy to dust off the old one
Probably new GPU and new G-sync capable monitor (if they drop to reasonable prices)
Maybe i'll switch to a water cooling (Phanteks does a great job, but is TOO bulky)

New keyboard

Also in plans to stop spilling beer on keyboards so i wont have to get a new one every few months...

That's it i guess :D  :no:

I'm starting to gear up for my next big build. Just ordered a pair of used 290x's, and will be ordering a 60hz 4k monitor within the next month for my 4k transition. After I run that for a bit with my 3770k/Sabertooth combo, I will be moving this mobo/ram/CPU to my Fiance's rig and getting a 4790k, 2x8GB RAM, and new Asus mobo and going for 5ghz.

By May-June I should be rocking a 5ghz Haswell with 16GB ram, dual 290x's, and a 4k monitor. Won't be "bleeding edge" since the massive Radeon 390s may be out by then, but it will be one tier under and heavily overclocked :).

I postponed 4k until more recently when the monitors could do it at 60hz with a single tile and one cable, and the GPUs were strong enough to push a steady 60fps at that high res.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully nothing.  Though I have been wanting some new speakers.  The ones I have now are 11 years old.

Not sure what exact setup you're going for but I HIGHLY recommend the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup. I bought these last year and they sound amazing compared to my really old Logitech X530s they replaced. Linky

Hopefully nothing.  Though I have been wanting some new speakers.  The ones I have now are 11 years old.

Not sure what exact setup you're going for but I HIGHLY recommend the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup. I bought these last year and they sound amazing compared to my really old Logitech X530s they replaced. Linky

I would probably just go for a 2.1.  I just checked and mine are Logitech x620s.  But I've always just used it as a 2.1 anyways.  Bought them used for $50 and been using them ever since lol.

I've been rocking the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s for nearly a decade and never had an issue. Can most definitely recommend without a second thought.

I had the 5.1 kit and while it sounded awesome the amps would go. After the second one I have them sitting on the fridge behind me waiting for the day I get them fixed or throw them away. I have not heard a set of dedicated computer speakers sound as good since.

been playing a TON of online poker..so i might just end up trading my rig for a suitable latop.

Its a 2500k/8gigs/seasonic psu/GTX 460. Not too bad right?

Edited by damian

So for me, my desktop from early 2010 died... Was a shame, but it had been having death throes for weeks. So it was no surprise when it finally died and I was already getting ready to buy parts. I just put this beast together last week, no overclocking yet. Just haven't had time to work on it yet.

i5 4690k (I just couldn't warrant the i7 for gaming, when both the i5 and i7 are overclocked to similar speeds it made nearly no difference in games. Sure I occasionally encode videos and use VM's for stuff, but the $100 just isn't worth it since 90% of my desktop uses are games)

Asus Maximus Gene VII Z97 Micro-ATX board.

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD

Couple older SSD's/HDD's from previous builds for additional storage.

EVGA GTX 980 FTW

Corsair AX 760 Platinum cert PSU

Corsair 350D Micro-ATX case with window

G.SKILL Trident X 16GB DDR3(2x8) - First time I ever bought "Factory overclocked" memory, I usually just bought 1600mhz and overclocked it myself, but I caught it on sale and it was like $5 more that the 1600mhz kits and matched my planned color scheme perfectly.

Corsair H105 for cooling

Couple ultra quiet Corsair fans with the red rims to match with everything else.

Little photo of the finished build:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5b8rj5P1fxtdFluSm5vYkc1SHc/view?usp=sharing

I tried to embed the photo but it didn't seem to like the Google drive link and my upload quota for the site is full. If someone knows how to fix the embedding for google drive links, lemme know and I'll fix it.