League of Legends

WhenKittensATK

You probably played against crappy players. LoL uses a player level system 1-30. So when you queue up you get a mixture if someone in your party isn't 30. Even some level 30 players aren't so good.

That's right. I decided to start a new account after i got my first one to lvl 20 to play with friends. Game was so boring when playing on lower levels unless you get someone who has another lvl 30 account on the enemy team. Then the game becomes fun. But it is fairly quick to level in LoL, so dont have to spend much time waiting for the fun to start )

So many trolls in one match. I pick Graves (before everyone, no instant lock). I sit and wait for team to pick. Someone gets Jayce (sigh), Mundo (ok), and Volibear (ok). We say we need a mid, because no1 is jungling either. I switch to Orianna, the 5th guy instant locks Singed and says "Middle Mage." So I'm laughing to myself and like okay lets see him play mid with Singed (its a normal match, so not bothered).

Game starts. I go bot with Mundo. No one goes mid. Jayce, Singed, Volibear go top. :rolleyes: A lot of arguing and pinging ensues. Mundo being the only non-troll player other than me goes mid. I solo bot vs Tristana and Ahri. I basically sit at tower until minions come. While at top all 3 teammates get aced by their Olaf. So sad.... Olaf continues to kill them multiple times. Volibear and Singed finally give up and both come bot to me. :rolleyes: . Olaf follows because they are easy kills. 3 vs 3 and they focus the tanks and I melt faces. I farm like hell and continue to melt faces. Their Ahri DC'd. Then 2 other of their players go afk in base. We just pushed to their base and won.

The most troll game I've played since that team that went all Smite/Exhaust. Totally wooped those trolls too, 107 kills to 17 kills. Just sat outside their base killing them until our minions killed their nexus.

So many trolls in one match. I pick Graves (before everyone, no instant lock). I sit and wait for team to pick. Someone gets Jayce (sigh), Mundo (ok), and Volibear (ok). We say we need a mid, because no1 is jungling either. I switch to Orianna, the 5th guy instant locks Singed and says "Middle Mage." So I'm laughing to myself and like okay lets see him play mid with Singed (its a normal match, so not bothered).

Game starts. I go bot with Mundo. No one goes mid. Jayce, Singed, Volibear go top. :rolleyes: A lot of arguing and pinging ensues. Mundo being the only non-troll player other than me goes mid. I solo bot vs Tristana and Ahri. I basically sit at tower until minions come. While at top all 3 teammates get aced by their Olaf. So sad.... Olaf continues to kill them multiple times. Volibear and Singed finally give up and both come bot to me. :rolleyes: . Olaf follows because they are easy kills. 3 vs 3 and they focus the tanks and I melt faces. I farm like hell and continue to melt faces. Their Ahri DC'd. Then 2 other of their players go afk in base. We just pushed to their base and won.

The most troll game I've played since that team that went all Smite/Exhaust. Totally wooped those trolls too, 107 kills to 17 kills. Just sat outside their base killing them until our minions killed their nexus.

Some guy told me one time he only plays 3v3s because the max possible amount of noobs in your team is 66%... against 80% in 5v5

The problem with League of Legends, more so than any other RTS-type game (though this is more like Action RTS), is that it takes a team effort to win. In typical RTS games, a good player that can micro and macro really well, can take on two or even three other players by themselves with controlling two to three civs/nations because they could also out-think the ineffectiveness of the other side's inability to coordinate.

So, you can have 4 really bad players in LoL, and the highest ranked player, and lose against a team of 5 average players.

You also have some players that watch the pro players (like almost all games), and follow their builds and team concepts. Sometimes they don't even know why the pros do them, but expect everyone else to do them, but worse. Therefore, while I pick a Teemo or Karth that no "pro" plays like, and don't expect a team to need a "Support" (split push all day), the idiots that feed 2/16/4 blame players like me that go 16/0/11 (while still losing the game), because I know how to play, I know the correct time to group together, I know the best time to coordinate for a gank, etc. Just because I don't play like a "pro" in videos everyone watches, doesn't mean I should.

Anyways, I tend not to take games seriously.

1. There will be trolls.

2. There will be bad players.

3. Most bad players are trolls.

4. Riot Matchmaking is a joke.

5. Solo/Duo ranked is luck of the draw.

The only way to reach the top-tier ELO is to find a good player to duo with, pick the champions that can steamroll and gank well, and continue to feed off of the opposing team's worst players.

Too much time and not enough fun in doing all of that.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Got a bunch of new members into my PC Gaming Club at school. They all mostly play LoL, so gonna try and get back into it. They want to get a tourney setup with official prizes from Riot. I MUST HAVE TEEMO HAT.

So much has changed since I last played.