Guides Wanted At OCC

Hey Guys

I have talked about having some members doing some guides for OCC in the past and we got a few but not to many.

So I am putting the word out again, I want guides from the members. The staff is just too busy with other projects, (more the reviewers) to attempt to do guides. You the members keep this site alive so it makes sense for you guys to be able to give back to OCC as well.

Here is what I am looking for:

How to overclock a 2600K, 3770K.

How to overclock your Video Card.

How to setup Eyefinity.

How to setup NVIDIA Surround.

How to Update your BIOS.

How to update or install Video Card Drivers.

How to reapply thermal Paste on your CPU.

Etc etc

These are just a few ideas, but with guides the list is endless. The above list is what I am looking for to start, if you have an idea or suggestion I am all ears I want to hear your suggestions. In some instances with these guides Videos can be done as well and uploaded to the OCC channel.

I am looking for details. Basically I want it written so that a person that has never touched a computer can understand how to do it based on what you wrote or show in a video.

I have a budget laid out to pay you for these guides, I am not going to say what it is, but if the guide is good and is detailed you will be paid well for your time. Small guides or quick how to guides can be written quickly and don't take much time at all.

Feel free to make a post or shoot me a PM or email if you want to discuss anything.

The light is green so this is a go.

Look forward to seeing what you guys can do.

Still don't understand why we don't set up an OCC Wikia so members can just keep guides/info constantly up-to-date.

that would take a lot of maintenance and a ton of work to get it looking good

I didn't know OCC had a youtube channel until this post, I really have to start opening my eyes, first you can change your S/N and now this!  anyways here in a few weeks I will have more time and maybe would be able to squeeze in a few videos. That i can do much quicker than writing and I'm use to it. I'll keep this in mind and make a list of things I do go possibly.

If I end up getting more time off from work soon I'll see if I can't whip up a thing or two, it'll probably be simpler or cheaper stuff, ain't got the money for a 2600K, them rich man's CPUs. :P   

I can make a NVIDIA video card driver update/install guide, but I haven't touched an AMD card for about a year and I no longer have one to do it.

My question is: Can I make a guide about NVIDIA only?

Edited by 96andrei

I'll make up one on speaker set up, soundcards and sound settings.

This will be for Win 7 and I will consider adding a section for Win 8 at a later point.

Covering - 

- USB Audio

- Optical/Coaxial Audio

- Installing a PCI-e soundcard

- Drivers/software

- Multi-channel audio

- 2.0 vs 2.0 vs 5.1/7.1 - pros/cons and applications

- onboard vs internal vs external soundcards - pros/cons and applications

- hooking up cables etc

- selecting and managing playback and recording devices

Considering the depth of the guide I should have it done within a fortnight.

Some of them are already there in the forum:

What do you plan to do? Setup a sub-forum for guide??
I think installing a small wiki plugin for guides would be useful.

Some of them are already there in the forum:

What do you plan to do? Setup a sub-forum for guide??

I think installing a small wiki plugin for guides would be useful.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/

the ones on the forum are unofficial.

I'll make up one on speaker set up, soundcards and sound settings.

This will be for Win 7 and I will consider adding a section for Win 8 at a later point.

Covering - 

- USB Audio

- Optical/Coaxial Audio

- Installing a PCI-e soundcard

- Drivers/software

- Multi-channel audio

- 2.0 vs 2.0 vs 5.1/7.1 - pros/cons and applications

- onboard vs internal vs external soundcards - pros/cons and applications

- hooking up cables etc

- selecting and managing playback and recording devices

Considering the depth of the guide I should have it done within a fortnight.

Don't take this the wrong way, but is a soundcard really necessary?

I use HDMI from PC to receiver with optical audio and HDMI from receiver to TV.

So my receiver has 5.1

It seems as if I am getting good audio from the PC. Would a souncard make a difference?

Can we create sub-categories for the i7 overclocking guides?  I mean; mild overclock, average overclock, extreme overclock.

I think this would be helpful, because with most boards mild overclocking of an i7 unlocked processor is as simple as changing the cpu multiplier and possibly upping the vcore.  However, when you get to the other end of the spectrum "extreme" overclocking, often it takes tweaking of other voltages, power limits etc.

The other things I believe would come in handy; overclocking by static voltage, overclocking by offset voltage, overclocking by static cpu multiplier, overclocking by turbo multiplier.

Can we create sub-categories for the i7 overclocking guides?  I mean; mild overclock, average overclock, extreme overclock.

I think this would be helpful, because with most boards mild overclocking of an i7 unlocked processor is as simple as changing the cpu multiplier and possibly upping the vcore.  However, when you get to the other end of the spectrum "extreme" overclocking, often it takes tweaking of other voltages, power limits etc.

The other things I believe would come in handy; overclocking by static voltage, overclocking by offset voltage, overclocking by static cpu multiplier, overclocking by turbo multiplier.

Or you could go the extra mile and do an in depth guide that covers all you mentioned in clear sections of increasing difficulty.