Asus K53SC

PingoPongo

Yeah I don't have too much time to play games and I don't need it to run Crysis 2 or something maxed out all day long. I asked some other DV6 owners on youtube about the heat issue and they said that it doesn't overheat, but gets a bit loudish after long gaming. I also checked both of the laptops out at the shop today and both had a sturdy feel to them. I kind of liked the Asus one more tho, still the HP performs alot better and there's nothing that really bothers me about it. Oh and yes, they both have a numpad.

One thing bothered me just a bit tho. Asus has the power connector on the left side between the cooling fins area and ethernet connector, so the 90 degree angled power cord kinda blocks the cooling fins...

So I guess it comes down to this: B950, GT 520MX, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD vs A4-3310MX, HD 6750, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD.

It's quite hard to decide... I usually don't doubt so much about this kind of stuff, but I just don't want to waste €499 on a laptop that is going to cause me problems from the first day. Also I'll need it to last at least two or three years.

I would go with the B950. Not because of it being intel or nvidia, but because it seems to have a lot of potential for upgrades. If you ever decide in the future that you hate the CPU, you can get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819111025 and give yourself a huge CPU boost.

From what I have seen, when laptops have ram, they usually try to occupy both slots. So for instance 4gb of ram is 2x2GB which pisses me off because I always try to have 8GB of ram on my laptop which means I am throwing both sticks out and wasting a ton of money on getting 2x4GB. With the 6GB of ram you have a 2GB+4GB configuration which means you only have to throw one stick out and buy one stick to replace it which is WAYYYYYY more cost efficient, so that is a plus.

Next, you have the 750 GB HDD. If it were me, I would sell the thing ASAP and put in a SSD. I know the sandy bridge stuff should all be sata 3, so you should be getting a huge performance boost there. But this is up to you because you might actually need the space of the 750GB. However, it is nice to have that option. :woot:

Lastly, you have asus warranty which is practically unbeatable IMO.

The one and only reason I would consider the AMD one would be if the APU and the graphics card is running in hybrid crossfire. I do not believe it is, but I could be mistaken. If it is, it might be a better graphical system than the intel based one. I am unsure though.

4-6GB is probably plenty to me. Also 750GB isn't probably necessary, but I doubt I can afford a SSD. The only thing that is biasing the choice to the HP is the graphics card. That I can at least try out some nice games and play them a bit when I'm in the mood. Exclude the graphics argument and Asus would be the choice for sure.

4-6GB is probably plenty to me. Also 750GB isn't probably necessary, but I doubt I can afford a SSD. The only thing that is biasing the choice to the HP is the graphics card. That I can at least try out some nice games and play them a bit when I'm in the mood. Exclude the graphics argument and Asus would be the choice for sure.

Do you have a gaming desktop?

Nope. I can game max about 2 times during the week and an hour or so. Well on weekends I usually have a bit more free time so I tend to play some games.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I would still go with the asus for the sake of having a better built laptop.