Calling all Printer Wizards!

ir_cow

I'll try that next time I guess. I found a old computer and put xp on it. Now i just run remote desktop. It works...ish.

Thanks guys for the help!

What's the "ish" lol

Maybe the usb cable or printer are faulty?

when i say workish it's because remote desktop is lame lol. I much rather just run it off my laptop so im going to fiddle with that new program or try to get it on the network. it shows up on the network but no ip address which confussed me,

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead but I was able to use the network and I thought I would explain how I did it for anyone else who has this problem. It took a bit of reading the new 9900 manual and the old one to figure out that I had to use Epson network software to assign a IP to it. The new printers have it in the menus on the printer itself. Which is what confused me since I wasn't able to configure anything.  After that, I just added new printer via network in windows 7 and used the Vista drivers like these guys suggested.

For printing, I use Qimage and was using VMWare Player which Waco suggested for running Win Xp.

yep I used the VMware with XP until I figured out how to get the network to go.  using ethernet, it's extremely fast as before it took about an hour a foot and it's now half that.

OOOOOOH, I thought you meant the VM made the printing take an hour for every foot of wire from the computer to the printer. I was like "WTF I never heard of something like that before"

I getcha now haha, I feel really stupid now.