AMD CPU's Reviewed

Bosco

Alan takes some AMD's for a spin:

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T, X4 970, X2 560, Athlon II X4 645, X3 450 & X2 265 were all looked at. Take a gander at whats new and exciting http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_phenom_1075t_970_560_athlon_645_450_265/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that is a lot of CPUs to have one guy test!

I've always been an AMD fan, but (it pains me to say this) they just can't remain competitive like this anymore. I need to do a massive overhaul of my computer this year, and I cannot go with AMD this time, instead opting for the i5 750 (or 760). Until I see something unbelievable like the upcoming APU family I will NOT recommend AMD.

OCC, I love the reviews, but the graphs kill me. It needs an upgrade! Too much information to process, needs to be simpler.

What do you suggest? Would you like us to remove a bunch of CPU's to make it easier to read?

All of the AMD stuff is first then all of the Intel not sure how much more simple you want....

What do you suggest? Would you like us to remove a bunch of CPU's to make it easier to read?

Not sure what your reporting tool can do, but it could start simply.

1a. Split the color-coding legend into two separate tables. Dark-colored ones for the CPU's you're testing. Light-colored ones for CPU's to reference against.

or

1b. Use a bar graph and do away with the legend. Instead, have the Y Axis value type to display the CPU name. Top to bottom (top being best) makes it so you don't need to let people know that lower or higher is better. Sometimes the graphs don't have that comment.

2. Set an ascending order to the score results, that way a user can see which CPU is compared to those slightly higher or lower.

3. Reserve the legend for small stuff, like adding in a secondary bar so you can compare between stock speeds and overclocked speeds.

Those are just a few suggestions. :)

Not sure what your reporting tool can do, but it could start simply.

1a. Split the color-coding legend into two separate tables. Dark-colored ones for the CPU's you're testing. Light-colored ones for CPU's to reference against.

or

1b. Use a bar graph and do away with the legend. Instead, have the Y Axis value type to display the CPU name. Top to bottom (top being best) makes it so you don't need to let people know that lower or higher is better. Sometimes the graphs don't have that comment.

2. Set an ascending order to the score results, that way a user can see which CPU is compared to those slightly higher or lower.

3. Reserve the legend for small stuff, like adding in a secondary bar so you can compare between stock speeds and overclocked speeds.

Those are just a few suggestions. :)

1. Can't do that software won't allow it:

b. Might be possible

2. The reason we did it was so it was not jumbled up all of the same brand was in a row but doing it score based would be easy to do it was just take some time to do it.

3. There is two sets of graphs already which does overclocking.

I personally want to change the graph system but the work that is needed to do is unreal so its not an easy fix. Of course adding to the problem is the software we have now is not very friendly it doesn't like change :rolleyes:

1. Can't do that software won't allow it:

b. Might be possible

2. The reason we did it was so it was not jumbled up all of the same brand was in a row but doing it score based would be easy to do it was just take some time to do it.

3. There is two sets of graphs already which does overclocking.

I personally want to change the graph system but the work that is needed to do is unreal so its not an easy fix. Of course adding to the problem is the software we have now is not very friendly it doesn't like change :rolleyes:

What software do you use? Is all the data stored in a database somewhere? You could just use Excel 2007/2010 and create the graphs there, take a snapshot, edit it, and then upload the pic as a graph in the review.

Here's a quick sample graph I made in Excel 2010 (first time actually doing this, and it only took 5 minutes):

post-70939-12850515291409_thumb.png

From there, you could include what those stock speeds were. Then (haven't figure out how to, yet, but am sure there's a way), bold or highlight or change the bar colors for those that you're doing the review on.

Edited by El_Capitan

Here's a quick sample graph I made in Excel 2010 (first time actually doing this, and it only took 5 minutes):

Graph Sample.png

From there, you could include what those stock speeds were. Then (haven't figure out how to, yet, but am sure there's a way), bold or highlight or change the bar colors for those that you're doing the review on.

Ya thats easy enough to do however its not just as easy adding it to our CMS system thats my point.

I will take a look again and changing it to something better then what we use but it will take a few weeks of work none stop to make it happen.

nice. i like that graph. it would be nice if the AMD cpu's were Green and the Intel cpu's were Blue though. that would even further simplify things. then maybe the CPU in which you are doing the review for is in a darker/lighter shade than the rest of the cpus from the same brand.. (hope that sentence made sense lol its late here )

oh.. great reviews but like captain , the graphs bother me. I know you have a lot on your plate right now so we're not saying go change the graphs now. just a suggestion :D

Edited by ShallowBay

nice. i like that graph. it would be nice if the AMD cpu's were Green and the Intel cpu's were Blue though. that would even further simplify things. then maybe the CPU in which you are doing the review for is in a darker/lighter shade than the rest of the cpus from the same brand.. (hope that sentence made sense lol its late here )

oh.. great reviews but like captain , the graphs bother me. I know you have a lot on your plate right now so we're not saying go change the graphs now. just a suggestion :D

Np, just thought I'd give my 2 cents. I just wish I didn't buy my 1090T so early (impulse buy). :(

No worries I welcome the feedback guys.

Ya I am with you Cap I just bought a 1090T last week haha.