EBAY SUCKS!

Waco

Some guy on Ebay is scamming me. I sold one of my 4870X2s, with the EK full cover block, for $102.50 via an auction. Less than I'd have liked, but still not the end of the world.

USPS delivered it last Friday...and Sunday he sent a message that the card "just came in" and that one of the capacitors was broken off as well as it was showing up as a "1 GB card". After a bunch of back and forth messages it sounds like not only does the card work just fine, but I don't think it was ever broken at all (unless the buyer did it themselves). The buyer even said the box showed up in perfect condition and that it looked like "it was broken when being packaged". BS.

The last message was this:

I tried two versions of 3DMark V.10 & V.11, and unable to finish the test, because an error keeps popping up, saying its unable to detect something on the video card.

I want to return this card back to you. Since I'm not gonna use this card on my system. But, if you are willing to give me a discount, I'll keep the card.

He claims that he's tried "v.10 and v.11 Catalyst" as well as "the newest one" whatever that means - so I asked him to take pictures of the damage as well as asking what the rest of his cooling system was since I shipped the card with the waterblock installed.

I asked him to send me a picture of the damage as well as asking what he actually ran on the card...because last I checked there's no such thing as "3DMark v.10 or v.11". :lol: This whole partial refund thing is a known scam and I'm seriously losing faith in selling anything on Ebay with this kind of crap happening all the time.

UGH. Rant off.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you are losing faith in Ebay because of a few scammers? That would be like losing faith in OCC because of a few trolls :whistling:

Edit: Heck, I would tell him to send the card back for a refund as long as it is in the exact same condition and resell it on Ebay. You may even get more for it this time!

143, surprisingly enough. :mellow:

He actually just responded to my rather lengthy message asking about the damage and tests he ran and out of all the questions I had, the only one he responded to was the cooling system. He says he's cooling it with a Zalman Reserator 1+...I didn't realize anyone actually bought those. :lol:

EDIT: I've already offered to start the return/refund process but he pretty much ignored it. I also don't want to be stuck with a broken card should he decide to be vengeful before sending it back. :mfp:

So you are losing faith in Ebay because of a few scammers? That would be like losing faith in OCC because of a few trolls :whistling:

Edit: Heck, I would tell him to send the card back for a refund as long as it is in the exact same condition and resell it on Ebay. You may even get more for it this time!

:withstupid:

Though I hate how sellers can't vote down buyers anymore, good luck with your battle

I have seen this before a lot of times, just offer to give him a refund BUT he must return it in the exact condition that was pictured in the ad. They will return it or ignore you. I have been in the same situation at least 3 times this year already. If you want, please post his username so us fellow ebayers may block him from bidding on our items. Thanks

Edited by Black64

I used to work at a local eBay consignment shop, and let me tell you eBay is all about the buyers. They don't give a crap about the sellers anymore...

If you sell your stuff on eBay be prepared to support it, its not necessary but it will help you from getting a reversal.

Also sell stuff that you would buy, dont sell that video card that has been put through hell and back... Be confident in the items you sell, and be prepared to back it up...

Edited by greengiant912

I have seen this before a lot of times, just offer to give him a refund BUT he must return it in the exact condition that was pictured in the ad. They will return it or ignore you. I have been in the same situation at least 3 times this year already. If you want, please post his username so us fellow ebayers may block him from bidding on our items. Thanks

I already attempted to offer a return but I was trying to work it out with him beforehand. He pretty much ignores any real request for information (and I told him I didn't mind starting the return process if the card was indeed broken).

The username is siavando0911 in case he bids on anything anyone on here is selling. He has a lot of feedback recently but most of it is for LED lights and a few other computer parts. Please don't message him or anything like that, I don't want to screw up the Ebay return process because people want to be vigilantes. :lol:

This is my first real snag ever selling something. I've been on the reverse side where a seller tried to screw me (bought a 4850X2 2 GB that turned out to be a 2x512 MB card) but never on the selling side.

This is my first real snag ever selling something. I've been on the reverse side where a seller tried to screw me (bought a 4850X2 2 GB that turned out to be a 2x512 MB card) but never on the selling side.

Did they even make those in 2GB models? Nevermind. :pfp:

Edited by Locutus