Test Drive - Sport Sedans

Fogel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have our 2002 Subaru WRX STi.  My wife put around 140K on it and then we gave it to my daughter.  She put another 35K on it and then wanted a "newer" car so we took it back.  

Had to put a clutch in at around 110K, replace the HVAC blower motor and fix a fuel line leak, other than that it has been a dandy.

I took one out for a test ride last year, its got the power, handles well, but man I felt sea sick after I got back to the dealership. lol

Which, he tested three cars haha

I'd imagine the STI, considering it's the most recent one mentioned.

We still have our 2002 Subaru WRX STi.  My wife put around 140K on it and then we gave it to my daughter.  She put another 35K on it and then wanted a "newer" car so we took it back.  

Had to put a clutch in at around 110K, replace the HVAC blower motor and fix a fuel line leak, other than that it has been a dandy.

What kind of gas mileage did/does it get?? I've always admired Subarus from afar but I never wanted a car that didn't get what I consider to be "car mileage"

I took one out for a test ride last year, its got the power, handles well, but man I felt sea sick after I got back to the dealership. lol

Which, he tested three cars haha

I'd imagine the STI, considering it's the most recent one mentioned.

Touch

Last year for some dumb reason... Actually I know why, I was wearing a suit when I went to the dealer... But I got to test drive a 2013 Cady CTS-V sedan... The 556hp supercharged monster... I've never come so close to killing myself and enjoying every second of it. Lolol

Second to that the fastest car I ever drove was a Dodge Challenger SRT8, 470hp V8, was really fun. But the beast was nothing compared to the CTS-V.

All in all, if you ever get the chance to test drive a CTS-V... Do it. Say American cars are crappy all you want, but the CTS-V will make you eat your words.

Great gas mileage.  Averages around 23mpg mixed driving.  Have seen as high as 28mpg cruising down the highway.  Lot depends on how hard you drive it  :)   And it's hard not to want to throw that car around.

Great gas mileage.  Averages around 23mpg mixed driving.  Have seen as high as 28mpg cruising down the highway.  Lot depends on how hard you drive it   :)   And it's hard not to want to throw that car around.

That's not too bad, considering it's the "STi", i was figuring it'd get like 24-25 max but that's impressive. (considering I figured all subarus got like 25 max anyway :P )

Our Mazda 6 V6 with similar numbers does about the same (well never lower than 25) but considering you're turbo and have all AWD system (and the fact that our 6 is a 2004) I'm quite impressed.

How come I can't find anywhere calling them STi's though? All I find is WRX (hope I found the right specs)