Hmmmm 3 PSU fried

it's sad how so many amercians live in their little bubbles

it is very common for other countries such as in europe or south america to have their own computer parts supplier

many times they are just rebranded famous maker parts

there are many reasons for doing this, such as import taxes, local name brand recognition, lower prices, etc.

anyway, stop buying cheap-butt PSUs, because we all know what you are doing!

it's normal for these cheap ones to fail in 3 years, I had a compusa brand one fail before they got bought out by tiger

Why do you assume all the posters are Americans? We've got plenty of European members as well, so I'd thinking twice before using the whole "Americans are idiots"comment.You only make yourself look narrow minded.

:withstupid:

Thats the most true statement in the world

But some no-name psu's are amazing , I had a Aopen 500 watt psu powering my 3.0ghz Core 2 Quad and 9800gt so it was pretty good

AOpen made a nice case for my dad's old computer, I think they were a good brand while there were around. I wonder what happened

Why do you assume all the posters are Americans? We've got plenty of European members as well, so I'd thinking twice before using the whole "Americans are idiots"comment.You only make yourself look narrow minded.

+1 Aussies too :P

Insults about American elitism aside........

This isn't about the "name" on the power supply. This is about the stable performance and reliability of any brand power supply - whether it says "Corsair" on the outside or "Brand-X" on the outside. The point I'm trying to drive home is that it doesn't make any sense to spend $600, $800, $1200 or $2200 on a nice DIY build and then risk the whole system by purchasing a $25 power supply. And I know for a fact that this happens...... all of the time........ even though most won't admit it.

I live in Argentina

The good brands I could get are

Thermaltake

that one will do...make sure it's of sufficient wattage and there ya go !! ...good luck with that !!

<br />Why do you assume all the posters are Americans? We've got plenty of European members as well, so I'd thinking twice before using the whole "Americans are idiots"comment.You only make yourself look narrow minded.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

because if you live in the EU I would assume you have been to a computer store at least once

or are you implying I should assume most people living in europe had their computer built by their mothers?

you honestly feel left out because you were not included in a cheap insult? You need to grow up and look up the word narrow minded in a british dictionary.

yes, I made a sarcastic generalization to emphasize a point. no, I did not take a census of the world population posting on OCC.

the point was, the world is big. just because you are unfamiliar with something does not make it bad.

I have a strong feeling that most of those power supplies you listed are made by pc power.

I would probably go with the coolermaster version, but thermaltake should be fine if you don't buy the cheapest model.

look up the word narrow minded in a British dictionary.

Isn't that two words and don't you mean English? British isn't a language.

Back OT. To the OP just buy a branded Corsair 400W PSU. They're really cheap and like the video said, it's guaranteed not to blow up suddenly :D