help newbie choose a video card

thanks for your replies i really appreciate it.

im gonna get the inno3d gtx560 ti or the evga gtx560 ti fpb . i happened to come up with a few bucks to reach its price.

I would go with EVGA simply because they have always built a pretty solid card. Personally though, if you have the chance to buy a gainward card DO IT. You can OC those things to the moon and back.

hey bro!

its really out of my budget hehe..

thanks anyways! that card is sweet! probably will grab it in the near future :D

ah okay, i'm just curious with the 560-Ti @ 448 cores anyways :rolleyes::biggrin:

Man, it sucks to not be able to get gainward stuff in the US :(

first i thought it was impossible until i searched at egg and Amazon.... negative. :huh:

OK bklixuz so regarding those links:

The EVGA seems a bit more expensive than others but it has a slight factory overclock(and when i say slight I mean almost insignificant - 850 and inoo3d one has 822). I suggest you remain with the Inno3D one since the performance will be the same but it's much cheaper than the EVGA card. Overclocking the video card is so simple that a toddler could do it really and you can overclock that Inno3D card to high heaven. The gainward cards are great also although personally I don't think the added price favours it over the Inno3D one.(I've been saying Inno3D a lot in this post lately lol - I'm not an employee of that company or anything, I just like typing Inno3D :P )

As far as the 6870 ones are concerned the 9300 PEE one from ASUS looks interesting enough. Here are some performance charts for the 6870:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-radeon-6870-hawk-review/1

The 560 in the charts is actually a 560Ti; as you can see they are nearly identical in performance. So the question now is the following:

Should I get the 6870 for 9300 P or the 560 Ti for 10300 P?

1.They have the same performance but with 560 Ti you also get physX which looks great in games; look up physX on youtube and tell me that doesn't look great ( though only a few games support it sadly) - here's an example of one such game called mirror's edge, that has this technology implemented into the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xRJt8rcmY

2.The other thing to consider are the drivers for radeon and nVidia in general. I'll give you an example:

When I bought my nVidia GTX 470 2 years ago these were the competiting cards : the 5870 vs the GTX 480 and the 470 vs the 5850.

At first the 5850 and the 470 had roughly the same performance and so did the 480 and the 5870. As drivers came out, the 470 got much better than a 5850; today my 470 is better than a 5870 in most games.

So there you have it: the 560Ti is 1000 PEE more expensive but you get physX and it'll perform better than a 6870 in the future due to better drivers. Is the extra 1000 PEE worth it? That's up to you. Personally I'm and nVidia fan and would go for the 560 Ti myself if given the choice.

Hope this helps make up your mind ( I know I spent about 3 months when I bought my card just to make sure it's the best possible card for me)

Cheers :wave::cheers:

Edit: I accidentally some words

Edited by Rofltroll

thanks a lot Rofltroll you are a real help!

today was a bummer i called there main office they said they cant ship this week. will have to wait for nxt week then..

good thing is i will have lots of time to do some reading and finally settle up on what card :D

Edited by bklixuz