AMD not budging on adjusting prices for HD 7000 series

It's not dumb, it is actually a pretty smart move. Most geeks for being so intelligent are stupid when it comes to buying hardware and have a bad case of impulse buying. That means while the GTX 680 stocks are low the 7900 could fill the void of "I need a new card now", many geeks suffer.

Don't forget too that in Europe, the 680 GTX is as expensive as the 7970, the 7850 is less expensive than the GTX 560 with 448 cores and the 7870 is a bit more expensive than the GTX 570. At least, they're like this around here.

AMD can't afford to lower the prices even if they wanted too. They are so broke they need every dollar they can.

I expect it to see like this for another month or two and you should see AMD start moving a little downwards as more cards come out from NVIDIA.

Presently, supply & demand of GTX680s have a big difference in between them. So, why should AMD decrease the price of their flagship 7970?

I think no decrease in price will happen withing next one month.

AMD can't afford to lower the prices even if they wanted too. They are so broke they need every dollar they can.

:withstupid:

Thanks to their failure with the whole FX series processors.

Edited by d6bmg

Believe it or not but there are still some people who believes that the most expensive ones gives the best performance. :lol:

They can't do anything without first lowering the lower range cards and since AMD still hold's the throne for $350 range with the 78x0 (which most people could afford), it'd be stupid for them to lower the price.

I'm just glad that AMD could still provide competition. It'd be a shame if they leave the GPU market too..

AMD just needs to step up their game. They have been slacking lately. Lower the price and stick with the "close to performance, but at a vastly cheaper price" motto that they used to have. Used to be a big AMD fan but their ingenuity is terrible today.