9500gt sli no improvment

anthony1356

Hello, I have been having some trouble trying to get my two 9500gt cards to work properly. The video cards show no improvment on games, the nvidia control panel tells me my sliconnector is not pluged in, and GPU-Z tells me my video cards are both running at x8 on a x16 pci slot. I have tried everything i could think of and I would really like some help on this.

PC specs:

AMD 965 BE quad core 3.4ghz

2x 9500gt 1024mb (Both have different name brands)

2x 4gb of ram

MSI 970a G46 Motherboard

650w power supply

500gb hard drive

other than a 9500gt Sli being the speed of a geforce 640 (kepler) and very outdated, I don't see wh SLi wouldn't work, both the cards and motherboard supports it. Here are my suggestions

1) try each card alone and see if the both work.

2) if so try either one is slot 2 and see if it works

3) reinstall nvidia drivers from a clean state using like ccleaner or something.

Do the cards operate at different clock or memory speeds? Have you tried a different bridge?

Otherwise it seems a software glitz. You may need to address old forum posts on SLI GTX9500.

Start with MSI motherboard forum, then each video card's.

Edited by ohldboy

brands and clock speed shouldn't matter as the bottom card will match to top. Only thing left I can think of is maybe the Sli connector doesn't work.

Other than that ivy has a good point. is it even worth it? really any single card will preform better at this point and you are a few generations behind now.

Couple things.

What games are you trying to play.

Do you you have the sli bridge connector installed on both cards. As some of these card dont even have a bridge.

These are very old cards and you will see little to no improvements on some new games with these cards.

You may have corrupted driver files,.. or perhaps a bad SLI connector.

Since GPU-Z is showing both cards,. I would remove & clean graphics driver files then reinstall drivers first. Then if you get the same sli connector error in nvidia control panel replace your sli bridge.

Download and install Driver Sweeper http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html ,.then uninstall the cards from the Windows hardware manager, if asked if you want to remove driver software,.. click yes.  Reboot into Windows safe mode and run Driver Sweeper program,.. analyze and remove "AGEIA-PhsyX" and "NVIDIA-Display",.. after that check to see if you have a C:\NVIDIA folder if so, delete that also while in safe mode. Then reboot into Windows normally,.. and install the latest drivers from NVidia's website.  Good Luck

Just a thought here,.. a single 9800 GTX would be faster :woot: than two 9500 GT's in SLI.

Edited by Braegnok

Yeah but you can easily find a 5770 for $50 shipped anywhere, or even better cards right around that amount.

For instance, looking quickly here's a 5870 for $60 shipped. That'd ROCK HIS WORLD