the Fitness Thread

The key is not stopping at all, even if you have to limp slowly for a few minutes, DON'T STOP.

Thats what I do. I don't ever walk. If I have to i'll slow down my pace. You can catch your breath without walking. Even if it's just barely running it's better than walking.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is weird; as I was on my bike ride today I was thinking how i wanted to start a fitness or running thread on OCC....and here it is :D

I've been trying to get back in shape. I took somewhere around 8 months off from doing just about anything.

Funny thing is, the last time I ran (before I started the time off) was a 5K which I got first place in lol.

Oh and these are my life, I WILL try to sell them to you ;)

Why not barefoot?

Not yet. Working my way there. Sooner or later I'll run barefoot, Vibrams for out and about. I want to try some huarache sandals as well

Edited by _TheAlexO

Not yet. Working my way there. Sooner or later I'll run barefoot, Vibrams for out and about. I want to try some huarache sandals as well

I don't wear shoes unless I have to. :lol: I haven't ran barefoot in a while, but any other exercise it's either barefoot or in socks.

I don't wear shoes unless I have to. :lol: I haven't ran barefoot in a while, but any other exercise it's either barefoot or in socks.

I don't remember the last time I wore socks :lol:

Edited by _TheAlexO

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't actively work out.

I swear i get out of breath just standing up sometimes. bwahaha :lol::P

I consider myself fairly strong but I have absolutely terrible stamina.

Slept like crap? Haven't deadlifted in two weeks? No excuses.

Deadlifts - worked up to 395x5

Leg press machine thingy

Abs and lateral raise superset

Had to take my lifting belt in a notch.

socks? hands? clammy? huh?! lol you wear socks on your hands?

No, socks are on my feet like usual. But for whatever reason, once I wear socks my hands no longer sweat as bad as they do when I'm barefoot.

I used to be able to run a 5K in about 22 minutes in high school, and could do six or seven miles at a pace slightly faster than a powerwalk. Just started running again a few weeks ago, finally worked my way back up to one mile without getting too out of breath. Three and a half years of a pack of reds a day has already kicked my butt.