the Fitness Thread

I had forgotten about this thread. Just did my two mile run. Surge running again, forgot to time it but i know it wasn't my greatest time ever, kinda feeling yesterdays work in my lower back.

Side question; does anyone know does wearing heeled boots most of the time affect your running? I mean i don't run(as in workout runs but while working in them i do occasionally run) in heeled boots but does it affect the muscles?

EDIT: Just did my full workout, quivering mass of jelly now.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm contemplating on joining the U.S Army active duty.. And, physically am able to pass?

Height: 172cm

Weight: 57Kg

Bodytype: Small-build muscular

I'm 19 yet i fear i'm to short to be running around as a soldier.. :/

shed anylight?

How does someone thinking of joining the US Army use cm and Kg? :lol:

I'm contemplating on joining the U.S Army active duty.. And, physically am able to pass?

Height: 172cm

Weight: 57Kg

Bodytype: Small-build muscular

I'm 19 yet i fear i'm to short to be running around as a soldier.. :/

shed anylight?

The US Army has some pretty strict standards for enlistment. Summed up:

High school diploma?

Brain?

Pulse?

Breathing on your own?

Hooah! Or you could have called a recruiter. And no you're not too short.

Haven't been getting much running in lately :(. Weather bombed way down and winds are ridiculous. I'm still too damn stubborn to go the gym in town, but the one by my college apparently has an indoor track. May have to start heading there until mother nature gets off her period. On related note, a majority of my upper body and abdominal exercise in the past wasn't organized regular exercises, but all from physical labor. My six pack is coming back through and I have fairly large biceps and triceps, but I feel like I'm still kind of round around my abdomen and not all that defined. Is it because I haven't done much focusing on specific muscles, or is it probably just more fat that needs burning?

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

well yeah, let's see, today I walked for about 45minutes around town with my son (he's 2 1/2 so it was a slow walk). And then I didn't do anything physically demanding. So I think I need to start running or something.

Workout (Day 2)

Bike 8 Miles

Lateral Raise 60lb - 36

Shoulder Press 60lb - 12

Pec Fly 75lb - 7

Rear Delt 50lb - 7

Squat 90lb - 42

Chest Press 55lb - 48

60lb Curls - 12

Run 2 Miles

Notes: Messed with the inner thigh machine as well, but didn't keep track of reps because the numbers had been removed from the weights.

Compare:Day 1

Spent 2 hours the gym today, Did a little bit of everything. Started with 45 minutes of cardio, then just did a light brushing on everything so i can go back tomorrow and not be sore.

Then i ended up somehow playing 3 intense games of laser tag! Was a great night!

My six pack is coming back through and I have fairly large biceps and triceps, but I feel like I'm still kind of round around my abdomen and not all that defined. Is it because I haven't done much focusing on specific muscles, or is it probably just more fat that needs burning?

it depends on what your definition of round is...if you mean a bit of a belly...then

if you can see you abs..without flexing too hard..then start to work on your abs a bit..(will give an example at the bottom)

if you can't see them..then focus more on fat burning

so if you can...train 4-5 times a week for about 5-10min(the abs are a small muscle they don't need much work)...and do some cardio(never cut it out)

if you can't...train your abs 3-4 times a week for about 5-10min....and focus on cardio...

ab exercises:

crunches (upper abdominals)

bicycles (mid-lower abdominals)

(lying)leg raises (lower abdominals)

side crunch (for obliques)

and you can divide that into 2min per exercise...depending on your current fitness...and remember not to overwork your abs otherwise they WILL punish you :D

Edited by Il_napoletano

Thanks napelotono. My lowest pair of abs are mostly surrounded with subcutaneous fat, which I know is just a matter of proper diet and cardio. But when relaxing, the muscles seem to give out and bulge near the bottom. Is this just normal body structure, or do I likely have excess fat in my abdominal cavity as well?

Thanks napelotono. My lowest pair of abs are mostly surrounded with subcutaneous fat, which I know is just a matter of proper diet and cardio. But when relaxing, the muscles seem to give out and bulge near the bottom. Is this just normal body structure, or do I likely have excess fat in my abdominal cavity as well?

when your abs start to show...your upper abs will come through first, then you will get some definition on your obliques, then lastly your lower abs will start to show...so it's normal

the bulging probably comes from excess fat...which will go as you workout....or if you slouch a bit when you stand which could be the case

and your welcome :thumbsup: