Corsair Psu Reviewed

razor

I have just purchased a Corsair TX650W, very similar in design apart from 120mm fan, wattage and 2xPCI-E connectors. These PSU's are some of the best around, very stable and very quiet. In fact I have yet to read a negative review about any Corsair PSU and I've read a lot!. One thing you didn't mention (unless I missed it?), is that all Corsair PSU's have a 5 Year Warranty, which for me was a big plus.

Highly recommended and I will shortly be buying the TX750W for my next build.

I have just purchased a Corsair TX650W, very similar in design apart from 120mm fan, wattage and 2xPCI-E connectors. These PSU's are some of the best around, very stable and very quiet. In fact I have yet to read a negative review about any Corsair PSU and I've read a lot!. One thing you didn't mention (unless I missed it?), is that all Corsair PSU's have a 5 Year Warranty, which for me was a big plus.

I've got an HX520 which I think is excellent, but very occasionally, the fan squeaks. When it gets worse, I'll send it back. It's a fairly common problem with these, in that the fan can get a bit noisy sometimes, but the warranty sorts that out ;)

Yeah, the TX and VX series are a bit odd that way. Both of the lower wattage models in each are built by Seasonic (VX450 and TX650), while the higher wattage models are built by CWT (VX550 and TX750).

They are all good though. :)

Edited by jammin

Oh and welcome to OCC ... nice to see southerners here (jammin and I are both from Southampton)

Thanks, you guys have been very helpful and sorted out my first (failed) overclock! All sorted now after some knowledgeable advice. :)

GG