Geforce Gtx 285 Videocard From Asus Tested

Nemo

I have to say that was pretty dissapointing. The GTX295 is a much better value, as well as SLI 260s. Not to mention being able to SLI 295s for a cheaper in a year or so. Even the overclocking is very limited, which is undisputably THE most exciting part of any new graphics card. Another nearly pointless release and an enormous waste of money of development and marketing, that is unless they make MAJOR price cuts or release magical drivers.

Also, hardnrg, if you are reading this, your OCC F@H Sigpics link in your signature is broken.

Nicely done, I gather from the results that the higher cost of the card at the moment will not justify getting it as opposed to the older cards. I can also make comparison with my card, thanks. So far my card does average fps of 22.51, 1920x1200 AA 2x DX9, Enthusiast.

Edited by Voltes_5

Nice review, other than you thinking that your ears could have depleted that much in that short amount of time :P

Been a long three and a half weeks of of testing and writing so I might be a little out there. Yes the card performs well and the stock speeds on the 285 non TOP versions are 648,1250.