My Weight loss Blog

Dariuas

So, I am a big dude, and I have some problems staying focused, so I have started a blog to keep me motivated, and to let others know what I am doing. I am sure others are on this weight loss concept as a new years resolution, so if you are doing one, let me know, and I'll be there to cheer you on, or share advice and succsess stories.

I am doing mine as a blog; its my cause; which is called Cause I'm Fat 

http://causeimfat.blogspot.com/

Follow my progress. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets do this Frank! I am going to be super transparent about everything. 

If you setup a blog or something, let me know and I'll link it

Oh dear, please don't be super transparent about everything. There are some images I would rather not have burned into my memory :lol:

Good luck guys! I'd try to make suggestions and what not, but they'd mostly be related to a challenge/encouragement/reward system, I'm not sure how useful you may find them. Also, as someone who has basically always been on the edge of underweight (according to the Bogus Mass Index), I'm not sure I'm a good person to give advice for losing weight. (Since I was 13 or 14 I have gained actually about that many pounds. I may also have grown as many inches. I am a walking stick and have a hard time finding clothes that fit.)

Ha, I just had a funny idea, and please don't take this the wrong way guys. I'm only sharing it because I think it's funny. The idea is to start a counter blog about how large people have screwed it up for just tall people like me. (Such as how hard it is to find pants with an ~31 waist and 36 inseam because just about everything stores carry with a 36 inseam has at least a 36 waist. Shirts are worse.)

Best of luck, dude. I dropped like 20 pounds over the summer and put most of it back on (currently sitting around 170-175). Now, due to my back injury, I need to get in really good shape and lose a lot of weight, otherwise I'll just keep straining my back etc. I've been working out for two weeks now and eating correctly again (ate like shit when I was in college), and I can really feel the progress. My back hurts a lot less, I have more energy, and I don't even miss my old eating habits. Anyways, good luck, I'll check up on the blog every now and then.

The only really hard part is not giving up. :lol: 

Edited by Onion

Good luck!  I started a diet to cure a gut dysbiosis problem 2 weeks ago, and I'm losing weight too.  :)  I need to add holes in my belt already. 

I hear ya! Since my wife had our first child almost 4 years ago I have gained over 60 pounds. I am actually very active and hit the gym often but my problem is my eating habits. It is not so much what I eat as how much I eat. It is not uncommon for me still feel hungry after 3 or 4 plates of food. I have always been a big eater but it didn't start affecting my weight until a few years ago. I assume my metabolism dropped. I am not big on new year's resolutions but I will be joining you in an attempt to curb my appetite in the coming year.

So, I am a big dude, and I have some problems staying focused, so I have started a blog to keep me motivated, and to let others know what I am doing. I am sure others are on this weight loss concept as a new years resolution, so if you are doing one, let me know, and I'll be there to cheer you on, or share advice and succsess stories.

I am doing mine as a blog; its my cause; which is called Cause I'm Fat 

http://causeimfat.blogspot.com/

Follow my progress. :)

Well I just might have to join you. Last year I dropped 50 then put most of it back on over the past couple months!

Mind if I join in guys? As frank knows I could stand to lose a few pounds :-)

Also to help out, I found a Windows 8 App, MyPlate, which is also usable at the Livestrong.com web site. They have an awesome food library for use to track your calorie intake. I have been testing the app for about 60 days and it has helped me lose about 15 pounds before the first of the year. Tracking what I eat has been very enlightening.

Edited by ComputerEd