Hey lady!

Andrewr05

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as diesel cost now days I aint real sure why most people buy them.

All depends on the MPG. Lots of small diesel cars get relatively high MPG which can easily offset the higher cost at the station. :P

...pfft,...my tractor holds 250 gallons and i usually fuel around 150 galls per day average, ...at $4.10 per g, (plus 25 gallons def gets me about 4-5000 miles), and with a full load (75,000+pounds) i get about 6 - 6.5 mpg....you all do the math, ...it takes a whole helluvalotta fuel to get your food clothing and goods to market...and the price keeps going up because the oil companies keep gouging and gouging,...they know they have the entire world by the gonads...

know you're right p, my point is diesel is becoming prohibitively expensive, and an untenable commodity, for all but the rich and those who just don't care about saving money...it used to be a value not so long ago, but nowdays, not so much...

All depends on the MPG. Lots of small diesel cars get relatively high MPG which can easily offset the higher cost at the station. :P

But is it still a good deal if you have to add that d.e.f stuff....it's like 2 stroke is making a comeback

But is it still a good deal if you have to add that d.e.f stuff....it's like 2 stroke is making a comeback

def runs about $2.20 - $2.50 per g, so add that in...but ya get a lotta miles from a tank of def...

As a mercedes Mechanic THIS IS HALLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Cant remember how many times we have loaned a Customer a Diesel GL320 and they put a full tank of unleaded in it... Came back on the Drive and the vehicle sounded like A 1920's Diesel and had less power.... lol.

Incase someone does not know. Def or Diesel exhaust fluid is injected into the exhaust to Lower the emissions out of the exhaust. significant reduction of NOX which is Awesome and reduction of HC or Hydro Carbons.

def runs about $2.20 - $2.50 per g, so add that in...but ya get a lotta miles from a tank of def...

How big is the "tank" of def? How often do you fill it?

As a mercedes Mechanic THIS IS HALLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Cant remember how many times we have loaned a Customer a Diesel GL320 and they put a full tank of unleaded in it... Came back on the Drive and the vehicle sounded like A 1920's Diesel and had less power.... lol.

Incase someone does not know. Def or Diesel exhaust fluid is injected into the exhaust to Lower the emissions out of the exhaust. significant reduction of NOX which is Awesome and reduction of HC or Hydro Carbons.

So basically it's the cheat code to lower emissions?