Smartphone WiFi

sack_patrol

no but i guess i'll try that.

I linked an apk in my last post in an edit, if you don't have a program for exploring try this one, it is very simple easy and not overcomplicated with features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.explorer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zcGVlZHNvZnR3YXJlLmV4cGxvcmVyIl0.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i tried that flash apk and it didn't work at all. tried with all browsers.

that explorer app seems nice tho its just what i need cuz when i add stuff from my pc i just dump it all in DCIM folder. lol

Edited by sack_patrol

yea i tried that flash apk and it didn't work at all. tried with all browsers.

Hmmm well after you flash your custom rom give it another shot.

Well I had a look and atm cyanogenmod 7.2 appears to have them all beat

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1381355

Follow all the steps to the letter it has a link to how to install clockwork mod follow that and follow the instructions there.

Hmmm well after you flash your custom rom give it another shot.

Well I had a look and atm cyanogenmod 7.2 appears to have them all beat

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1381355

Follow all the steps to the letter it has a link to how to install clockwork mod follow that and follow the instructions there.

Okay thanks. I was also looking at this one yesterday too.

I still don't know why I need the clockwork recovery. What exactly does it do besides create backups and restore them?

Also, I found this. It seems to have all the stock roms for my phone model for each different country including Canada.

Edited by sack_patrol

Should I just download the latest rom, or i need one of the patches too? It says they are all outdated so probably there isn't any patch for the latest rom yet.

If you from stock / custom rom based on rfs filesystem, u must flash ext4-formatter.zip before flash CyanogenMod. link & instruction can fount on This Thread. otherwise you'll stuck on android logo because it cant mount rfs filesystem!

Does this concern me? My rom isn't stock, but I don't know if it's based on rfs filesystem. And do I have to have Android 2.3.7 installed first?

Edited by sack_patrol

Latest rom not patches, it should say it in instructions.

Without clockwork you can't install your roms. For me I enter xrecovery (which is a modified clockwork for Xperia phones) through spamming the back button on start. From there you can wipe settings clear caches and install things from zip folders which is what your rom will be.

Look on youtube for a video of someone installing cuanogenmod 7.2 on their gio, it will be the best help for you.

Edit: From the wording it sounds like if you have stock or a Rom based on stock, using the same file system then flash it. If your system is already ext4 or whatever the it will fail to do what is asked and you may end up in a loop. At which point you pull the battery and move on to the next step.

Also if it requests android 2.3.7 then listen and just update or flash your phone to that version.

Edited by Stonerboy779

The damn instructions are very unclear. I'm trying to follow this guide. But I don't know which one i have to download. For the first option he says to get it if I want or if I am using CyanogenMod, for the second one he says to get it if I have stock rom (mine is stock I assume except rooted). So which one do I get since I have stock but I want to get CyanogenMod?

NVM I got lucky and installed the right one.

Edited by sack_patrol

The damn instructions are very unclear. I'm trying to follow this guide. But I don't know which one i have to download. For the first option he says to get it if I want or if I am using CyanogenMod, for the second one he says to get it if I have stock rom (mine is stock I assume except rooted). So which one do I get since I have stock but I want to get CyanogenMod?

NVM I got lucky and installed the right one.

If you want to use or using CyanogenMod or custom rom with ext4 internal partition, you should use cwm with ext4only

If you use stock rom or custom rom with rfs filesystem, you must use cwm with ext4+rfs

cwm-5.0.2.7-ext4only-odin.tar.md5 (Flash With ODIN)

signed_cwm-5.0.2.7-flashablezip-ext4only.zip (Flash from Recovery)

cwm-5.0.2.7-ext4+rfs-odin.tar.md5 (Flash With ODIN)

signed_cwm-5.0.2.7-flashablezip-ext4+rfs.zip (Flash from Recovery)

I would say try that one.

Here is a video of installing.

The mod is installed, but I can't connect to WiFi... Also there's another type of internet connection that is enabled I think. It's 3G with 2 arrows next to it. I think this should be enabled since it's not from the internet but from the phone. Thus i get charged on my phone bill for that.

NVM: got it.

Edited by sack_patrol

The mod is installed, but I can't connect to WiFi... Also there's another type of internet connection that is enabled I think. It's 3G with 2 arrows next to it. I think this should be enabled since it's not from the internet but from the phone. Thus i get charged on my phone bill for that.

Hmmm wifi is on the list of working components. Restart you phone and try to reconnect.

If you swipe down from the top to open notifications you will open the notification section and you should see two arrows one pointing up and the other down if you deselect that you will disable easily the data roaming and beside it will be the button for enabling wifi.

You will need to go in to settings - wireless and networks - wifi settings to connect to a new network.

Oh on a side note after yet again getting pissed off with the defualt gallery on my phone I found this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en

and I must say it is phenomenally better. it's interaction is perfect it looks great and it loads i kid you not a 100 times faster and better than my default gallery which sometimes holds and never loads and it is all thanks to the greater caching and photo access this app has. Thought you would be interested.

well it's not working. lol

I tried restarting and even did a factory data reset after the mod installed. still nothing.

If I decided to go back to stock, Can I just use Odin to flash the 2.3.4 stock rom? Because before I flashed the CM7 I didn't create any restores or backups.

well it's not working. lol

I tried restarting and even did a factory data reset after the mod installed. still nothing.

If I decided to go back to stock, Can I just use Odin to flash the 2.3.4 stock rom? Because before I flashed the CM7 I didn't create any restores or backups.

Yeah you can flash a stock rom with it reset everything and reflash cm7. You just got to download a ftf file of the stock rom, doesn't matter if it aint exact because your updater program will fix everything. My stock rom had massive issues so i ended up flashing a generic rom before flashing a custom one..