Found my poor Mustang...

Onion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

something was terribly wrong with your car then. you should of been getting more around 16/22ish. Also even if catless, fuel shouldn't be coming out of the exhaust pipe like that

I don't think it ever ran well at all when he had it...but that's not fuel coming out. Raw fuel like that would be popping flames like crazy whenever he actually drove the car. My Miata doesn't even come close spitting a single drop out the tailpipe but shoots flames without even trying. :lol:

Black, somewhere between 310-340. The reason it was so bad is because it turned out to have been a 5.4 hidden under 4.6 valve covers. The tune was a 4.6 tune which made it run rich as hell, but I wasn't down on power. All it was was the injectors dumping as much fuel as they could because they didn't know how much to send.

Reaper, see above. 5.4 and bad tune with a college student with a lead foot at the wheel. I'm surprised it even managed 6...

Waco, smells like fuel, tastes like fuel, feels like fuel, looks like fuel... Must be fuel.

Waco, smells like fuel, tastes like fuel, feels like fuel, looks like fuel... Must be fuel.

Except that raw fuel dumping out the pipes like that would mean it was so rich you'd be blowing black smoke. :rofl:

Do you see black smoke? :lol:

Except that raw fuel dumping out the pipes like that would mean it was so rich you'd be blowing black smoke. :rofl:

Do you see black smoke? :lol:

I get that when I miss a shift and get valve float, but that's another story. :lol: