Where have I been?!

NCC10281982B

How about a team compatition (me and roadrunner excluded)...

Thats a goods idea, it worked well last time. It might get our numbers back up if only for a while, we only seems to have 47 active folders right now...

Unfortunately im only running one gpu client and no cpu client right now, turning in about 10 units a day.... :(

If I folded with all my setups, my electric bill would be over $2k in a month, and I'd have to turn the AC up in Winter...

You don't have to fold with them all. Even just one helps. And you don't have to fold 100% either. Just run it on the idle cycles of your gpu. It all adds up.

You don't have to fold with them all. Even just one helps. And you don't have to fold 100% either. Just run it on the idle cycles of your gpu. It all adds up.

Idle cycles == 100% load 24/7. :lol:

I should have my main rig to folding again late this weekend and maybe get my core 2 duo not so hp machine figured out too since right now I only have my dual core amd running the smp client under folding control instead of 2x instances with origami under ubuntu

Idle cycles == 100% load 24/7. :lol:

Yeah, the GPU client (well, maybe not the new one that I don't use because I like the console clients) does not have any kind of throttling. The CPU client does, so you can limit the number of cores it uses, its priority, and how what percentage of CPU resources it has access to. Pretty useful for letting you have, more or less, full use of your computer while still CPU folding. Haven't had the CPU client going for awhile though because it just takes so long and I've been using some programs that actually do complain about not having full access to the CPU (some games and some image/graphics editors for two obvious examples).