Republic Of Gamers Hd4850 Videocard Evaluation

Nemo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would two 4850 512 run better than the 260 or 4870?

Be sure to lubricate them with pea... wait, wrong thread.

Yeah, you would get more performance with two 4850's as apposed to a 260 to 4870.

Would two 4850 512 run better than the 260 or 4870?

Sure, but I wouldn't go with crossfire. Always go with the Single Best Video Card.

As for the review, its nice. But I don't see why you would waste your money on this card, as you can almost get an HD4870 for 10 or 20$ more <_<

Sure, but I wouldn't go with crossfire. Always go with the Single Best Video Card.

As for the review, its nice. But I don't see why you would waste your money on this card, as you can almost get an HD4870 for 10 or 20$ more <_<

But when overclocked this outperforms the HD4870. <_< to you.

and then for 20 (to 30) dollars more you get a 260 that wins after overclocking HAHA. very nice loop sir.

Just shows that this card was an absolute fail.

Krow, when you were talking about overclocking, you never said it would beat an HD4870 overclocked <_<

Just shows that this card was an absolute fail.

Krow, when you were talking about overclocking, you never said it would beat an HD4870 overclocked <_<

I know, but it beats one at stock.

I picked up an Asus TOP 4850 for cheap and it OC's similar to the matrix card, cost lots less and good bang for the buck. But just like the other it runs hot at 70C+ with the fan on 100%. I just installed an Accelero S1 rev 2 on it and now i can run it passively and temps are just a bit less. But with a fan the temps go down ~15c and i can overclock further since this top model had no heatsinks on the mosfets or memory.