7990 or 2 r290x's

camaro_dude15

oops spoke to soon the client updated, and is estimating 140k from just the first wu its running, second one hasnt updated

update, psu couldnt handle it i guys, pc started to act a little sluggish and then shut off, psu was hot to the touch, i got the fans cranked and the side panel off, im going to work now and hopefully it will be folding away when i get back

Edited by camaro_dude15

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something failed when i was at work, there are no crash reports i think its too much for this power supply, im going to try folding with 7990 only no cpu no 7970 and see if it improves, if thats the case i will get a second psu, (the haf 932 supports dual psu) to run most of the system, and have the 1000w run just the cards

Leaving a suspected overloaded machine running 100% while you aren't home...is not the smartest idea in the world.

This is also why single-rail PSUs tend to be a lot more forgiving. If you don't balance the loads properly on multi-rail PSUs they get overloaded and shut off. Balancing the load might be the ticket for yours.

Leaving a suspected overloaded machine running 100% while you aren't home...is not the smartest idea in the world.

This is also why single-rail PSUs tend to be a lot more forgiving. If you don't balance the loads properly on multi-rail PSUs they get overloaded and shut off. Balancing the load might be the ticket for yours.

omg, i thought it was a couple of rails, not 6

i have insurance on the house lol

i really need to find my cables and spread this out better, i would have gone the rest of my life thinking this was a 2 12v rail psu