3930k overclocking

ir_cow

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is running a i7-920 C0 folding 24/7 at temp's ranging from the low 70's to high 80's depending on room temp considered pushing it?... (for a while it ran in the high 90's when the water block got gummed up.. noticed it had been rebooting one day and checked temps :) )

btw I've been running it like that for well over a year... actually had a little leak that self healed on the HD4870 that was in there (not folding) lost the 4870 after a while but the rest of the system is fine, that was the only piece that I used barb's on because of the waterblock (an old swiftech block)...

Is running a i7-920 C0 folding 24/7 at temp's ranging from the low 70's to high 80's depending on room temp considered pushing it?... (for a while it ran in the high 90's when the water block got gummed up.. noticed it had been rebooting one day and checked temps :) )

btw I've been running it like that for well over a year... actually had a little leak that self healed on the HD4870 that was in there (not folding) lost the 4870 after a while but the rest of the system is fine, that was the only piece that I used barb's on because of the waterblock (an old swiftech block)...

high 80's will take it past max TCase which will shorten the life drammatically FYI. Tcase for the chip is 68 and tcase runs 10-15 degrees under the loaded core temps...

high 80's will take it past max TCase which will shorten the life drammatically FYI. Tcase for the chip is 68 and tcase runs 10-15 degrees under the loaded core temps...

Yea, I'm not overly conserned about that chip, call it a test :) It's alway ran pretty hot (if I remember right its clocked at just under 3.8ghz @ 1.38v and doesnt like more voltage), for the most part it's been hovering in the high 70's but now that it getting warmer out side the room temp is ramping up.. I should actually check the ambient temp in that room..