Need some new wheels...

Onion

Plain and simple, I need some new wheels for the Z. The current wheels are Centerline Coronas which are damn good wheels, but they don't belong on this car. I'm open to anything, but I'd rather something with pretty low backspace. I want something fairly light, somewhat unique, and not from a reliable brand as I will be autocrossing on them. I'm looking at either 15 or 16 inch wheels that are 7 to 8 inches wide. I'm currently running 205 tires on a 16 inch rim to put it into perspective. Color doesn't matter, I'm dipping the entire car soon. The color will be a surprise. ;) 

I'd ask on Z forums, but they all like the same stuff. I want something that stands out...

Here's the car at the moment. 

34PgJ.jpg

3cMr7.jpg

You're going to ruin a good paintjob by dipping the whole car?

I like the blue and it looks like it's done fairly well...

Why ruin? The paint will be fine, as it was on all the other cars. 

The blue is nice, but it has some bad spots. On the driver door, I've got two inches of bare metal because the paint got ripped off when I peeled the stickers. :( Rather than prime it and do a shitty job at painting over it with a color that won't match perfectly because the current paint is old, I was thinking I'd just dip over it to prevent rust, and have some rubbery paint that'll protect the current blue. 

I really dig the Cragar Smoothie Wheels on a lot of rides. 

It has a nice race look/feel to them. The only downside is they look freaking weird when they are not attached to a tire/car.

You need to use PS and edit the wheels onto the car. Try out a bunch of different wheels until you find one that makes the car look better, don't buy wheels because you like the wheels, buy them because it makes the car look better.

I really dig the Cragar Smoothie Wheels on a lot of rides. 

It has a nice race look/feel to them. The only downside is they look freaking weird when they are not attached to a tire/car.

I looked them up, I've already seen them at school before (PT Cruiser, lol). Not a huge fan of them, and they don't let much air get to the brakes to cool them when you're racing. 

You need to use PS and edit the wheels onto the car. Try out a bunch of different wheels until you find one that makes the car look better, don't buy wheels because you like the wheels, buy them because it makes the car look better.

I'm getting pretty good at it, actually, I did it so many times with the Mustang. :P

you may add Rota Wheels with your options. they make good wheels here at reasonable price and i believe they have a distro at CA.

They have a reputation to do this, which doesn't really make me comfortable...

98513d1227639244-rotas-k-repicla-wheels-