motor trend car of the year

cjloki

I'll stick it out for the hydrogen powered models :P

stupid.gif

I'd love a Honda FCX Clarity

I can't wait for electrically driven cars to be commonplace, quiet, fast, torque-y, efficient...

Unfortunately big oil will make sure it's some time until that happens :(

stupid.gif

I can't wait for electrically driven cars to be commonplace, quiet, fast, torque-y, efficient...

yup to big oil hassles,...but everything is made from oil these days, they'll survive nicely...

that's why i need to stop my oil addiction...

I'll stick it out for the hydrogen powered models :P

stupid.gif

I'll let your great great great great great great great great grandchildren know you're thinking of them :lol: (I appreciate hydrogen cars, done right. But there's just no great way to store the fuel on vehicles)

Still, 150 miles in 30min, whereas you could get more than that in 5min using a standard fuel pump...well...technically prehistoric forest over 1,000,000,000 years ago but hey it's dead now so who's to complain with us using a teeny little bit? lol2.gif

But there's just no great way to store the fuel on vehicles

As far as I'm aware the only real problem is to do with the size of the tanks - not being able to fit tanks that are small enough/safe enough into hatchbacks, city cars and sports cars isn't a reason not to make full-size sedans, vans, trucks, SUVs, buses...

We'd also have far more efficient storage systems if funding for nanotube research (other than carbon) was bigger.

The range on the Clarity is something like 300 miles, which is as much/more than battery-powered cars and refilling hydrogen takes a fraction of the time.