Antec 1200

For once it's a simple question: is this beast worth buying?

I have a highly modded Rosewill Challenger as far as airflow goes. Every fan is aftermarket, everything has rubber insulation, filters, and even some gorilla glue to permanently prevent vibration on certain components. Also, dual 12" cold cathodes, with the switched wired right through the front panel for easy on/off access right up front.

But it's still no Antec 1200... And I'm buying a GTX 580 April 1st/2nd to replace my GTS 250.

So is it going to give me any cooling improvement (I can use my 120/140mm fans from my current case if there's room) or am I just dreaming of a better looking case?

Because I'd rather put this off as a $30 a month chip-in if it's just going to look better. But if it gives me significant cooling over the case I have now, then I have no reservations about diving in all at once.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

No, the HAF series are better and the Corsair series destroys the 1200.

Thank you, and mb938 as well.

If guess I should start looking at other options. Case upgrade isn't a necssity to me, it's more just "upgraditis", but I've had this Rosewill Challenger for 2+ years now.. So if I got a new case, I'd say I got my money's worth from it (especially since I bought it for $30.)

Any close competitors to the HAF series? And between HAF X and HAF 932, is that $40 price difference really worth it? Because I've considered the 932 before, but I'm wondering if the difference in the two is just "listings" or actually something I'd regret not spending $40 extra for. Because that's how I feel about my challenger, surely it was a good purchase. But i feel like if i had spent a little more, I would've really gotten a better value in the end.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

The reason behind the price difference between HAF-X & 932 are:

1. addition of two hot swap bays in X,

2. USB3 in front panel in X (remember there is no USB3 header, but these are only USB3 redirect cables),

3. Transparent side-panel in X.

I can't see any major difference.

The reason behind the price difference between HAF-X & 932 are:

1. addition of two hot swap bays in X,

2. USB3 in front panel in X (remember there is no USB3 header, but these are only USB3 redirect cables),

3. Transparent side-panel in X.

I can't see any major difference.

the latest 932 has usb 3 on the front panel ...

and as I have a haf 932 i have to say that it has fantastic airflow...

Are you talking about 3.5'' add-on panel? :dunno:

whoops...i was looking at someone's mod :D

was a good mod...it looked stock

and I saw it when I was reading about the 932 advance

edit: spelling

Edited by Il_napoletano

The white NZXT Switch 810 can be had for $135 with free shipping since Friday. It's not that the Antec 1200 is bad, it's that there are many better cases with a better price-point out there.