Hey guys, just curious about the i7-3820. It's looking like it could be an extremely good overclocking chip, but most of the reviews on the chip dont touch or can't touch(limited Intel board) the cpu voltage. It seem's like it hits 4.5-4.6GHz on stock voltages without even trying... and i've seen it could break 5.0GHz with only a slight effort and depending on cooling who knows where it could go... But of course this is just thoughts and feelings.

Has anyone here actually got their hands on one, and had the chance to really sit down and overclock with it?(Im pretty much looking at Frank here whistling.gif)

Looking for something like this?

http://www.legitrevi...article/1845/1/

Kind of a weak overclock, though.

Yeah weak butt overclock. No review site who's gotten their hands on one of these and pushed it at all! I almost feel obligated to get one now, just to see what she can really do!

Im looking for some overclocking results someone who actually put effort into reaching a max OC, not just a "Look how high we clocked it after playing with it for 15 seconds".

If I read that right tho, that was a 4.5Ghz OC at only 1.1v

I think it was just undevolting itself at idle? At least that is how i took it anyways. If it got 4.5GHz @ 1.1v I wouldn't even stop to think about buying one. I'd make the budget work somehow...

Im looking for some overclocking results someone who actually put effort into reaching a max OC

By my FX 8150 machine and I'll pick one up and let you know what it can do ;)

By my FX 8150 machine and I'll pick one up and let you know what it can do ;)

I almost would, except i need mATX. Asus Rampage IV Gene looks pretty nice though...

Despite my curiosity for what im using this computer for, im having a hard time justifying anything more than an i5 2500k... Still I'd love to get some solid i7-3820 results up on the forums! Just not sure how I'd afford a decent video card and using the remainder of my budget on the i7 and X79 mATX board.

Im taking donations for science! It's for a good cause, learning the upper boundaries of the i7-3820!

Edited by MercuryDoun

I have a review sample that I am working on. So far it suicides at greater than 5.2GHz on water. :biggrin:

I knew you were the man to get ahold of about this! I look forward to the results!